Thursday 4 October 2018

Scrapbook Pages - Made in Wales

Hello Everyone,

I'm off out to the craft club in a while so this is going to be a very quick post. These are two layouts I made in the the cottage we stayed in during our spell in Wales.

First Ballet Pointes
This page is an unashamed lift of a design by fellow MTS scrapper Yvonne Schofield. It makes great use of leftover scraps of patterned paper and minimal supplies. The photo is of my husband's great-niece, Kimberley, trying out her first ballet shoes. Kimberley, who is in her thirties, has been a dancer since she was very young but she's never studied ballet ... that is, until now! 
Here's a photo of the layout by Yvonne which inspired my page.

Vegas Baby
Another layout that was inspired by a fellow MTS scrapper -  this time it's Andrea Newton. Again the design uses scraps of patterned paper and not much else but what I particularly liked was the circle element drawing the eye to the photo.  It's made from lots of tiny punched stars. The photo is of my daughter-in-law on holiday this summer in Las Vegas. .
Again, here's a photo of the original layout lifted for my page. 

As you can see, both of the inspiration layouts helped me make the most of the very limited supplies left after almost a week scrapping out of a tote. 

Have a great day everyone.