Sunday 21 October 2018

MTS Cyber Crop - Rock-Climbing & Abseiling In The Lake District

Morning Everyone,

Happy Sunday to you all. Not a nice day here - the rain is coming down like it's not going to stop. A good day to spend in the craft room, I think. And I'm here to share the third layout from the MTS Cyber Crop. 
In this one I've told the story of my disastrous initiation into the sport of rock climbing whilst on 'Adventure Training' on Helvellyn in the Lake District way back in 1966. My army boots were too big - they were issued with the instruction to wear an extra pair of socks! It was inevitable that something would go wrong. I got my foot stuck in a crevice on the rock face - farcical really but completely unnerving - and had to be rescued by the Sergeant leading our little troop - a very handsome but tough task master. I recovered and went on to climb a few more rocks and discovered how exhilarating it is to abseil down a rock face. Sadly, I have no photographic evidence of this time in my life so I've borrowed an appropriate photo from the Internet. Shame I didn't have those shoes at the time. 

The layout is very simple starting with a black cardstock base, some Ranger's textured paste and a Prima stencil. The photo is matted and layered on to leftover scraps of patterned paper. The alphas used for the title are from old stash and the embellishments are a mixed lot from various sources. I used white Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the journaling.

That's it for now. Will be back later with the next challenge page. 

No comments: