Friday 27 July 2018

Friday Smiles

Hello and Happy Friday,

I've had reasons to smile aplenty this week - I hope you have too. Of course, I'm joining in with Annie at A Stitch In Time, who always has much to smile about.

Because we had to wait for the repair man to come fix our washing machine on our wedding anniversary, we waited until Saturday to take a mini road trip up along the coast to Helensburgh, Arrochar and down the side of Loch Lomond. Here are some photos from the day.
The square at Helensburgh
Looking over the square to the restaurant where we had lunch.



In the restaurant.
After lunch treat - this is melon and raspberry ice cream - delicious!

On the road to Garelochhead.
Looking down the Gare Loch from Arrochar.


Arrochar.


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stop to take photos at Loch Lomond ... it was so busy there and parking was impossible. Next time we'll choose a day mid week to visit the loch. However, I did take this shot of the amazing Stoneymollan roundabout near Balloch. The geese in flight – symbol of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park – are there to mark the entrance to one of Scotland’s most spectacular areas.
It was taken through the windscreen so not perfect - you can see the reflections of our travelling companions - Flora the bear, Bandy the bandaged dog and Mumsie Bear, the World's Best Mum. We go nowhere without them.

That's a lot of photos and you've probably had enough by now but here's just two more and I'll be done.
It's cherry picking time.
We'd have had an awful lot more but they are all too high for us to reach so we've had to leave them to the birds. 

So there we are, a lot of photos and a lot of reasons to smile as well. Hopefully, next week will be just as happy for all of us.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Lisca said...

Thanks for sharing those lovely photos of a beautiful part of Scotland. We have travelled in that area when we still had the caravan, but didn't linger because of the midges.
I love the flying 'geese'. Spectacular .
Those cherries look delish! I bet they were scrummy. It always tastes better when it comes from your own garden.
Have a fab weekend,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an absolutely INCREDIBLE way to spend your wedding anniversary. Simply stunning photos of areas around where you live. Most impressive.

I remember as a child, I used to climb my neighbor's cherry tree and pick the cherries. Somewhere along the way, I became afraid of heights and would never be able to reach those cherries on the high branches, either. Hope you have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

Annie said...

I’m running late visiting today. My sewing talents are needed by many this week......nothing new there then eh?
Your special day out looks fab....great day out with the best of company, what more could you ask for? Well deserved too.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like a great trip Elizabeth, just send me some of that Ice cream please looks delicious. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely trip. The scenery is all so beautiful up there. I like the flying geese on the roundabout, and the melon and raspberry ice-cream sound delicious. I hope you have another good week. Kate x