Wednesday 17 February 2016

Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday - WOYWW Week 350

Hello WOYWWers, Fellow Bloggers, Friends and All,

I really did try to post earlier today but I've been held up with a little camera difficulty. My Samsung 5X seems to dying on me. Not only did it take several attempts to take the photographs but then it refused to let me upload the shots on to the computer. I got there in the end but methinks I need a new camera!!!

Enough of my moaning! Here for our Head Desker, Julia, and all WOYWWers everywhere is what's on my desk this today.
Sadly, no sunshine this Wednesday! It was too good to last, I fear. At least it's not raining. Anyway, what you see is the makings of a snippet card I have in mind using that Furry Friends stamping and embossing set - came free with a cardmaking magazine - papers, cardstock, gems, ink pad and stamping block, ProMarkers and my Cuttlebug for the embossing bit. Fairly unusual for me to be using a new goody so soon after acquisition, but it was lying out on my desk so why not! At the back is the usual miscellany of stuff I tend to collect rather than do the right thing and put away - there being a place for everything and everything SHOULD be in it's place! But then, if I had put it all away I wouldn't be planning to use that cute set, now would I?

Hurrying on, I thought you might like to see the giant granny square I've been working on.
Completed but for the sewing in of the many ends on the back. It's made from a soft acrylic DK yarn in light and darker shades of beige, orange, brown, cream and red using a size 5 hook (size 9 US). The original pattern was made up of a different combination of colours and rows, using just a simple combination of the treble and chain stitches, but I used the yarn I had in my stash and made my pattern up as I went along. In total there are 47 rows and by the time I got to the last one it seemed to take F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'm now planning to crochet another, again from my stash so it could be a very interesting combination of colours :)

Okay, so it's lunch time and I need sustenance but I will be back as soon as possible to do a bit of blog hopping and commenting where I'm allowed. Google/Blogger are currently being rather unpleasant and making life just a tad difficult if you don't belong to their club. I say to them, really, is this necessary? You have the lion's share of the market anyway, anything else is just plain greedy!!!

Hope what's left of Wednesday is good and have a great week.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ellie. I love your latest blanket....I appreciate the time it takes to do the outside rows but at least you can keep warm and cosy with it on your lap while you're doing it :-) It's a cold wet miserable day here today....think we all need some sunshine.
Hoping you have a good week.
Hugs,
Annie xx #14

Neet said...

Just about to have my lunch too Elizabeth.
Love the granny square you have made - gosh, it is enormous, but so lovely. Look forward to seeing the next one.
Well it is raining lower down the country, quite a wet day here but hey ho, that is why we all have webbed feet, right?
I am trying to find a place for everything but it is proving a bit of a chore, mind you it has made me clear a lot of stuff out, now to find someone deserving to give it all to.
Have a nice week
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

Barb said...

Hi Elizabeth and I hope you enjoyed your lunch. I have the same little set and haven't used mine yet. Looking forward to seeing your card. Are you going to use those pretty Nit Wit papers I spy there. I've not seen a blue Cuttlebug before. Did it come decorated. It looks really pretty. Have a lovely day. Barbxx

Inside the artists shed said...

Granny squares take me back. I remember making my first cushion covers in the 70s like that - I bet Bonnie has her eye on it. Rainy today here and it's forecasting snow later. Have fun with your furry friends x Jackie 24

Sharon said...

Beautiful crocheting!

The camera things plagues me sometimes too - it seems to happen when you want it to least lol.

I love the 'freebie' goodies with magazines. They don't tend to do that here in US. I collect magazines when I'm home visiting mum. It makes her and my sisters laugh. I am lucky enough to buy them at Barnes and Nobles but they're a treat as can be SO expensive. I always translate into pounds and think - ouch that much?

Have a great week
Sharon K #42

SusanLotus said...

Cozy chair and the granny square is lovely.
Seems to be a comfortable place to scrap and craft on!

Happy week to you!
Sussie nr 50 WOYWW

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, love the giant Granny square! Awesome colour mix. It may be worth trying a new memory card in the camera- they do wear out with time, and will cause all sorts of problems, like you are getting. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx

Helen said...

your granny square is fab and i bet it's cosy! I am trying hard to use (all) my new stuff as soon as I can this year... lol!! Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's one massive Granny square! I like it and think that the one made from scraps will be slightly bonkers but fun :-). I wouldn't have a clue how to sort out your camera problems, I'm only techy up to a point, lol!! The weather was terrible here on Wednesday too, but it's been cold and sunny today, much nicer.
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx