Friday 26 February 2016

Rudolph Day Card for February - Christmas Train Postcard

Hello Everyone,

Here's my Rudolph Day card for February.
It features one of my favourite Christmas stamps, brightly patterned paper and a few snippets of cardstock.

Supplies used:

  • a 4"x 6" white card blank
  • cardstock - snippets of white, for stamped image, and dark green, for the embossed holly leaves
  • stamp - Stampendous Train Postcard, stamped with a Stazon Jet Black ink pad
  • patterned paper - Berry Merry by Jennifer Ellory paper pad - free with an old edition of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine
  • embossing folder and dies set - Holly Trio  by Tattered Lace. This is a very useful set to have because it creates embossed holly leaves, first by embossing card with a design of leaf veins and then die-cutting the shapes.
  • marker pens - Memento Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves & Cantaloupe
  • embellishments - red gems from Anitas

As well as Mo's Rudolph Day challenge I'm submitting it to the following:

 Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 217 - didn't quite empty the snippets drawer with this one but made a wee dent anyway

and Hazel's three challenges:

CHNC - Challenge 269: cute or anything goes as long as it's Christmas
CHNC - Challenge Extra for February 2016
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - February 2016

I'm off to do a bit of blog hopping now so I'll wish you all a very happy weekend.

16 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing make and a super vintage image

Kathyk

brenda said...

Something about Stampendous stamps as I somehow knew that would be the make before I read your post Elizabth. It certainly is a lovely image and looks so good with just the rain highlighted in red.

B x

linby said...

What a beautiful card, I love that touch of colour. I think I have a stamp from the same stable with a cottage on it, not seen this one before - but I know I don't need it.......

Liz said...

Gorgeous vintage style Christmas card, Elizabeth. I love this stamp and the red train really stands out.

I think you've linked to the wrong post from the Rudolph Days Challenge. When I click on your name, it takes me to one of your earlier posts. Thanks for entering the Rudolph Days challenge this month. Good Luck!
Liz - DT member xx

Sue - said...

Super Rudolph day card. Those Stampendous post card images always look great.

Sarn said...

Brilliant festive card and I LOVE the bright red choo choo train in the centre.

Thanks for wrapping up warm and coming over to play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx (I would give you a cheery whistle, but it's been confiscated!)

Jean said...

Lovely Rudolph Day card Elizabeth, this is one of my favourite Christmas stamps too.I love the red train.
Jean x

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning what a fabulous stamp and gorgeous design Lvoe and hugs Carole x

scrappymo! said...

Love the colours you chose here Elizabeth The red for the train is beautiful!

I have this stamp too and just love it! My uncles, Dad. cousins, etc all worked for the Railroad. My grandfather built railroads in Canada and in the USA. I even worked for them for a few years while getting my degree. Always love train images...

Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.

meg said...

Love the bright red train, I have this stamp and have never thought about highlighting the train hope you don't mind if I perhaps try this sometime.

Valerija said...

So beautiful christmas card. Love vintage image and background paper. Well done!
Thank you for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
Hugs,
Valerija - DT member.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh goodness, I may just have to get this stamp. it is gorgeous, as is your card with it!

thank you so much for joining our challenge over at The Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra Blog! :)

Sally H said...

A gorgeous Rudolf day card, Elizabeth! Perfect timing with the Flying Scotsman touring at the moment too! I love it

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love your card Elizabeth. My Dad worked on the railways for 43 years and so trains were always such a big part of my life. I stood on a bridge near my home and watched the Flying Scotsman on her journey to America. Enough of me and back to your card now. The background paper works really well and I love the way that you've just picked up red colour on the train and on the berries. It's fabulous X

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, thank you so much for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Pauline
x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, thank you so much for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Pauline
x