Tuesday 27 August 2013

A Bunch of Love - with a Gelli plate print layer

Morning Everyone

I meant to share this card yesterday but I was just 'sew' busy in the craftroom ... working on some patchwork. Anyway here it is now - a card for my niece's 29th birthday.
I've used a square scalloped card base and softened the white by inking the edges with Tim Holt DI Spun Sugar. The layers are chocolate brown and kraft ... I'm not a pink kind of 'girl' but I do like it combined with shades of brown. The pink print was one of the many samples I made when I had a session with the Gelli plate and brayer. This piece was made with white card, Boldmore Rose acrylic paint (very inexpensive from The Works in Ayr) and That Special Touch Fretwork mask ... proving to myself that you can go pretty and pink with Gelli plate printing.

The topper is a Penny Black Stickeroo, from the A Bunch of Love sheet, adhered to white card which was then sponged with the Spun Sugar ink. The two-tone pink grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts) was wrapped around the three base layers and then I offset the topper to leave visible as much of the pink print as possible. A greeting (with Wild Rose Studio Everyday Greetings and Archival Jet Black ink pad) and some adhesive flat-backed pink gems finish the front.
 
And the tiny slivers cut from the print have been used to decorate the inside and back - as per usual :)

I plan to skip over and submit this to Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 87 - the snippet is the white card used for the PB Stickeroo ... it's not much but every little bit helps :))

It's going to be a lovely day here because not only is the sun shining but also the birthday girl herself is going to be dropping in to see us.

I hope to return later to share the patchwork I've been working on - that's if it looks good enough to share with you all.

In the meantime, I hope you are all having a lovely day too.

7 comments:

Sue said...

This is very pretty Elizabeth love that image and the colours huggles Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Elizabeth this is really lovely and l'm sure your neice will adore and love it also can't wait to see your patchwork your always busy take care x

Di said...

Oh wow - this is gorgeous Elizabeth. What a great idea to ink behind the Stickeroo and the Gelli plate background is fabulous. Plus, it's pink of course :)

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Perfect. Can't have enough pink even if it is diluted with brown!! Hugs Mrs .a.

coops said...

so gorgeous eliazabeth.fab colour combo and i love the sweet hedgie ;D

xx coops xx

Hettie said...

Wow Elizabeth. I just love this card you have created with your gelli. I really must get one of these - though I am able to make a mess without one!
Hugs
xx

Sarn said...

Just LOVELY - great layout too xxx