... and a very happy Handy Hippo Holiday Monday to you all. I thought I'd hold this week's project over until today to celebrate the holiday.
And because it's a holiday, I've created a very simple and easy card that is quick to make but bright and cheerful too.
The papers on this fun card are from Wild Rose Studio’s Spring Fling 6”x6” pack, featuring floral designs in hot pinks and even hotter oranges, with just a touch of vivid turquoise ... almost tropical. The embellishments of cream vintage lace, paper flowers in shades of orange and hot pink pearls compliment the bright and cheerful designs on the papers.
As usual materials used for this project are available from Handy Hippo and if you would like to make the same project then simply click on the magic button below and it will take you directly to a shopping cart that contains everything you would need to make it. Once there, you can simply and easily remove any of the items that you already have in your craft stash.
It’s easy to add to your basket any other purchase that you might like and if something is temporarily out of stock you can request to be emailed once it is back in stock.
Here's how I made the card:
- Trim cream card to measure 8½" long by 5½" wide and fold in half to form a tent-shaped card
- To form the panel, first cut two strips of DP, the first measuring 3" wide by 5½" long, the second measuring 2½" wide by 5½" long. It's not essential but the edges of the DP can be inked with a brown distress ink at this point, if wished, then mat the narrower strip with the broader strip.
- Add a strip of ultra high adhesion tape to what will be the bottom edge of the panel, then attach the vintage lace trim as shown in the photograph.
- Adhere the panel to the front of the card.
- To make the flower topper: either by using a scalloped punch or die, cut a circle from cream card. Again, the edges can be inked with brown distress ink if wished. Select three flowers in different sizes and shades of orange and using the silicone glue adhere them together then set them on to the circle of card. Once the glue has set, add a hot pink pearl to the centre. Adhere the topper centrally, to the left side of the panel
- With a brown fine-tip pen, add a row of faux stitching just above the panel
- Stamp the word 'Thanks', using a brown ink pad, on to a small piece of cream card. Punch or cut this out - I've used a scalloped oval punch, but it would look just as good simply trimmed to form a rectangular shape. Ink the edges with the brown DI and using the silicone glue adhere it, at a jaunty angle, to the right side of the panel.
- Finish off by adding three hot pink pearls to the lower right edge of the panel