A tad late but happy Handy Hippo Monday to you all - I have been having a terrible time with blogger this morning. Trying to put this post together has been a nightmare ... for some reason the edit bar keeps disappearing! So if there are any spelling mistakes, please do forgive ... I can't find the spell check button!?!?
This week's share features another fabulous Penny Black Stickeroo.
- Card base made from the striped card trimmed to measure 11" x 5½" and folded to create a 5½" square
- Edge punch a strip of the green polka-dot card 5½" x 2" to give a scalloped edge
- Edge punch a strip of white card 5½" x 1½" to create a lacy heart finish
- Adhere the white strip to the top of the green strip and then wrap a length of ribbon along the top edge, adhering it securely to the back.
- Adhere the resulting decorative band to the card approximately 2½" from the bottom.
- Trim the pink polka-dot card to 4" x 3¼" and the DP to measure approximately 1/8" wider all round. Round the corners of both pieces with a corner punch and mat the two together.
- Adhere the cat Stickeroo to the centre of the pink polka dot piece, adding the 'MiaoW!' sticker to the top left corner.
- Using silicone gel to create dimension, adhere the topper to the front of the card - placing it over to the left as seen in the photograph.
- Finally, add the finishing touches - use a small length of the ribbon to create a faux bow; adhere a pink button to the bottom left of the topper; mat a Stickeroo heart shape to small piece of the DP, trim round it and adhere, with silicone gel to create dimension, to the bottom right corner of the card; punch five small hearts from the DP and adhere one to the top left corner and the other four to the inside of the card, as see here in the photo:
And that is my Handy Hippo project again for another week. Hope you like it and will be tempted to take a look at the Penny Black Stickeroos that are in stock - they are proving to be a very useful part of my crafting arsenal, especially when I want to make something quick and easy.
I'm now off to grab me a cuppa and go sit in my little garden for five minutes - it's not as sunny as yesterday but it is still lovely out there.
I wish you all a wonderful day and hope that you find plenty of crafting time.