Monday 20 June 2011

Recycled Rabbit - Christmas Card Week 23 + The Auricular Theatre all Spruced Up

Evening All,

So how many of you spotted the mistake I made with the Christmas Card week numbers  - I'm further behind than I thought. So, now scrabbling to catch up, here's my offering for Week 23.


This was a relatively quick and simple card - well, it was quick once I had gutted a bought card received last year and trimmed round the cute wee bunnies image, and once I had created the insert by digitally punching into a Bearly Mine Design paper from the fabulous Christmas Delight Pack (CD03).


Some green card (Papermania Textured) for the base, a small piece of leftover gold embossed card for matting, gold card candy and a card topper greeting. This last is from a packet bought some 18 months ago when I was new to card making and before I discovered that I could produce better looking greetings by other means - ah, I live and learn ... too bad I make myself poorer in the process :)

I mentioned in my last post that I was intending to get into the garden over the weekend as it was looking sadly neglected. Well, as Robert Burns would say, the best laid plans . . .  go aft a-gley! The weather stopped play and so, apart from a quick trip to the garden centre to stock up on potting compost and plants, nothing was done until today.  Also, we discovered that the auricular theatre, which had been lovingly constructed by the EM some years ago, was now very much the worse for wear - rot had set in, no doubt due to all the Scottish rain we've endured. So, nothing else for it, the EM put on his handyman overalls and trotted off to B&Q for materials to repair the theatre - and here it is repaired, treated with wood preservative and looking good. Didn't he do a grand job?


Here it is after I'd re-potted the plants.


There's couple of verbenas, a geranium and a really pretty tiny yellow trailing petunia (on the top shelf). The snail and the tortoise, bought to amuse the grandchildren when they were tots, have now found a home there, the jug is a souvenir from the Peak District where we used to live, and the wee cottage is a reminder of a fabulous sojourn in Eire some years ago now.  It's still looking a bit a wee bit bare so another visit to the garden centre is scheduled for some time this week - methinks, I'd like a few more of those petunias and maybe another geranium or two.

 Hope you all had a great weekend - it was Father's Day yesterday so I hope you all had a great day of celebration. We don't celebrate now because, sadly, both our fathers died young but I've enjoyed seeing all the Father's Day cards you've been making.

Right, off to start another project, not a Christmas card this time - I fancy doing a bit of experimenting.

Happy Crafting,

6 comments:

Christa said...

Hi Elizabeth , that is a beautiful recycled card !! The bunnies are so nice.... And I like that glimp into your garden. Love from Holland , Christa.

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

Your card has been recycled beautifully .. .. what a great idea .. .. and your insert is lovely too.

Love your plant display. That is going to look amazing when it is all in flower. You will have to treat us to another picture later when it is in all its glory!!

You are right by the way. No tribute band could ever do justice to Queen. How I wish I had seen them live .. .. I feel I really missed out on something super good.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

I love auriculas but sadly only have one which has to fight with the weeds at the front. Maybe I need to get my OH to make a'theatre' and then i have an excuse to buy some more.
Nice recycled card.
Have fun
x Tricia

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab card, sometimes inspiration hits us doesn't it when we look at something old and recycling is a fab way to recreate. Garden looks great too, I love seeing pots with colour. Zo x

brenda said...

What an eye catching piece Elizabeth.

And thos plants are going to look great in a few weeks time.

Thanks so much for your visits, I so appreciate them even if I can't gad about blogland as much I would like.

B x

Carrie said...

I haven't popped by in a while as I have been a very naughty blogger of late.....I have been snowed under with kids activities, spring cleaning, gardening and.....going to see TAKE THAT in Cardiff for two days.....sigh, what a wonderful experience that was, I didn't want to come home!! But I am back now and thought I would pop by and see what you have been up to. Your hubby has done a fabulous job on those shelves....I need some for my pots as the dog keeps digging in mine!!! Your Christmas card is lovely....I cannot believe we are already 23 weeks into the year....getting worryingly close to Christmas again! Looking forward to seeing what you create when you experiment.
Hugs
Carrie
xxx