Thursday 21 March 2024

Hello

 

Alan Worthington
16.9.1938 - 30.12.23

It's been a very long time since my last post. Many of you already know, but for those of you who don't my lovely husband died on 30th December last year. Life is very different without him and it's taking me a long time to adjust to life as it is now. I know I will never stop hating life without him. We had a lovely life together and I'll never stop missing that gorgeous smile. 


He always encouraged me to do the things I love. Particularly scrapbooking. He understood why it was important to me to play with photos, pretty paper and cute embellishments. For him it was his model railway - he enjoyed nothing more than disappearing into his shed to work on improving the layout he had lovingly put together. 

Bearing that in mind, it's time I got back into scrapping again. And blogging about it, as well as anything else I think might be of interest to readers here. And that means updating this blog. I've made a start by giving it a new header. Hope you like it. 

Of course, the content quite possibly won't be the same. Definitely won't be the same. After all, I no longer have my best pal to go out and about with anymore. But I do have a gazillion photos, hundreds of happy memories, all waiting to be captured on my scrapbook pages. 

And finally, 

Life goes on and I have to adjust to this new life I'm living. One project I hope to complete is an album recording the last two years. To this end, I have enrolled on Shimelle's current class, This Year's Story. I can't pick up where I left off but I can and will adapt and keep on keeping on. Looking forward to showing you the results in the weeks and months to come. 

Take care everyone, 
Elizabeth 


5 comments:

Kathyk said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but I hope that you can resume a new normal, in his memory

Kathyk

LesleyG said...

It’s so lovely to see you back on the blog Elizabeth. I hope you continue to share with us your happy memories of your beloved Alan, and everything else you do. Thanks for also sharing that poem, and I’m sending lots of bloggy hugs to you xxx

Sandra H said...

Hello Elizabeth how very sad l am so sorry for your loss l do hope you will get time to blog again l am sending lots of hugs xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a lovely tribute to Alan, he really did have a great smile! Life will be very different from now on without your life partner, I’m glad you’ve moved to be by the sea, walking on the beach helps with a weary heart I find. Sending you all my love, I’m sorry I didn’t see your blog earlier but I’m not on Blogger much at the moment.
LLJ xx

Annie said...

What a lovely post Ellie. He was a very special man and I could proudly call him a friend….and I miss him lots. Keep doing what you love.
Hugs,
Annie x