Monday 25 March 2024

In A Vase This Monday

Hello Again,

From Helen

This lovely vaseful of tulips didn't come from my garden. They are a much appreciated gift from a friend. Currently, I don't have a garden as such. Just some scraggy grass, a few neglected pots and a privet hedge. Much to my regret I had no time since we moved in, or the inclination if truth be told, to concentrate on sorting out the garden here at our new home. That will change this year. With the help of my daughter and son-in-law who have kindly offered to help. We have plans to create an easy care garden for my 'winter' years. We're just waiting for the weather to improve.

In the meantime, here's a couple of photos of flowers that I have received in recent weeks. Sent to cheer me up and much appreciated too. And they amuse Silver too. 
From Annie & Dod

From Alun & Elaine

As you can see, she cannot resist flowers. She sniffs them, licks them, and tries to empty the vase. With the one above, she succeeded. Because of this, I've struggled to find safe places for my vases of flowers. I hoped she'd lose interest as she got older. Not a hope! She recently turned three and there's been no change. Sigh!

That's it from me today. Hopefully, I'll be back on future Monday's with whatever is in a vase, whether it be something picked during nature walks or from what has survived in the various pots brought from the old garden, I'm looking forward to the challenge. 

Take care all,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful flowers Ellie. I tend to have Alstroemeria in the house here….they are really pretty and don’t affect my asthma 😀Hugs,
Annie x

Cathy said...

Oh, so you have moved and left your old garden behind (and all the roses...) - was it a reluctant needs must move? I hope you are able to get cracking on your new plot sometime soon. I love to see tulips in a vase and am looking forward to having my own soon - probably next week 🤞 Let me know if you would like some snowdrops for this garden - now would be a good time to plant them.

Elizabeth said...

Sadly, we had to leave our old home when my husband became more disabled. Unfortunately, his health continued to decline until he died at the end of last year. We had planned to get the front garden sorted out. It's down to me now to get it done. I have so many plans. Thank you for your offer of snowdrops - I'm delighted to accept. Elizabeth.