Thursday 10 September 2020

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 588 - on Thursday

 Hello Everyone,

Well, I missed yesterday altogether so I've now really excelled in how late I can be to WOYWW. I'm sure it's a world record. I so intended to be there this week too but Wednesday was over before I knew it. However, never let it be said I'm not determined and here's my desk as of yesterday morning.

Just another scrap page part done. Shades of mint. It's a monochrome layout - one of the requirements for the last week of the MTS summer challenge. I've been enjoying searching through stash looking for anything and everything that is in whatever colour I've chosen for each page. Very therapeutic. I'd quite forgotten all the sheets of lovely patterned paper I've been squirreling away forever! 
The finished page. The photo was taken on a trip to the Lake District, to Lake Windermere. It reminds me of romantic adventures in Arthur Ransome's 'Swallows and Amazons'. It also reminds me of the time when, on a whim, we decided to set off very early one Saturday morning and drive down to Windermere just for a day out. To quote from Miranda, 'such fun'. 

And that's it from me today. No book bit - I'm still enjoying those I mentioned last week. As ever, I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone over at The Stamping Ground

Have a great week wherever you are.

8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a really beautiful layout Elizabeth, I love the soft tones and how wonderful that you used up stash too! Those days of driving somewhere just for fun seem harder in these crazy times but it will happen again. I don't care that you're late btw, it's just lively to see you on the desks. Thank you for the cross stitch pointer as well, I'm off to investigate.
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Hi Elizabeth, I like it when I can enlarge the photos ! I spotted a cute turtle toward the window and so many fun things for crafting. Your finished page is really swet, love the colors and I always love things near the water. Have a great week Stay Safe.

Helen said...

I love this layout, that soft mint colour goes so well with the colours in the photo - perfect colour match! Great to see you, even if you missed Wednesday! Helen #16

Heather M said...

Hi Elizabeth, I agree with Helen, I love the layout and the colour. Mint is definitely a soothing colour. I do miss drives to the Lake District, or Wales - but it will make it so much more special when we can do it again. Have a lovely week, take care xx #14

Shoshi said...

What a beautiful page, Elizabeth. I love the subtle monochrome colour and the understated pattern on the background paper. Lovely Lake District photo too. My hubby loves Swallows and Amazons! My sister used to read them all when we were children but I never got into it. We used to have lovely holidays in the Lakes when I was growing up, so your picture brought back some memories.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #2

Caro said...

That really is a gorgeous layout. I love the colours and the picture. I also adored swallows and amazons and have read the books so many times! Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#6)

Zoe Tant said...

Love your layout. Fab page with lots of pretty details. Zoe x

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the layout Elizabeth, great monochrome look. Here's to being able to make such spontaneous trips again. STay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #22/1