Wednesday 10 January 2018

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 449

Morning Everyone,

Another Wednesday another WOYWW and, as you can see, the desk is a shocker today.
For reasons of transparency - now there's a trendy term for today - I'm sharing the messiest shot as I continue to work my way through the STUFF! Right now I'm clearing out the drawers that, up to now, I've been stashing holiday ephemera. Intended to include in scrap layouts one day. Well, I don't scrap enough layouts to justify keeping two drawers full of this stuff. I need the space. It's got to go. Or, at least, most of it has and the EM has found room in his writing desk for the teeny weeny amount of very important stuff we couldn't bear to part with entirely. It's been decisions, decisions, decisions for days. I'm exhausted!

It's not all been sort out stuff. I've managed to make a few cards - see previous two posts - and a little sewing project.



Found this little felt kit during the sort out. Sweet, isn't it. I can't remember where it came from but I suspect it was a freebie with a magazine bought eons ago. It took less than half an hour to make. Easily made whilst watching an episode of Little Women - thoroughly enjoyed the whole series.



This card was just a bit of craft therapy when I got too fed-up filling black bags. The sweet little mouse topper is recycled from a card received several years ago. I've teamed it up with scraps of leftover card. The butterfly (Dovecraft's mini die, Layering Butterfly) was cut from the centre of the green layer ... the wee mouse is now hiding where it came from. I also got to use one of the dies from a set from The Works - this one features a heart design.





This week's audio book is Simon Dawson's Pigs In Clover read by Ben Allen. I'm missing Monty Don's dulcet tones but this book is very funny and I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to it too.












Well, that's me for the week. I hope you have a wonderful WOYWW and a happy crafty week ahead.


13 comments:

Annie said...

Well done you with all that sorting a clearing out. My heart goes out to you making the decisions as to what stays and what should go.....I’d be useless. Just focuss on how satisfying it will be once it’s all done. Good luck.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. Sounds like you certainly needed the therapy of the little kit and the card! That book looks great fun - must see if the local library has a copy...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done you for having a good clear out - it's quite cathartic and makes you feel so good when it's done. I love the little felt birdie - I really enjoy making the felt Christmas decorations for the Knit charity group I'm with, it's quite a therapeutic craft to do. Glad you were so transparent today, we'll see more of you next week then :-D
Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy New Year (belatedly) Elizabeth. I, too, have been listening to audio books as a change from the radio while in the car. The Works had a sale on Jeffrey Deaver and Jeffrey Archer audio CDs and I managed to get hold of 6 at £1 each. They make a pleasant change. Good luck with the rest of your organising and tidying. Cute bird! Happy WOYWW Sarah #12

Lorraine said...

love your little felt bird..and I agree monty don has got a lovely voice thanks for the book recommendation Im reading The Miniaturist at the moment before bed

Valerija said...

So cute!
Happy 2018!
Valerija xx

Helen said...

Everyone is clearing out... I haven't started yet, but really really must! I am even starting to WANT to so it must be bad!! I enjoyed Little Women too, I thought it was really good. Helen #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Good job with the clearout - not for the fainthearted! My idea of a clearout is to start yet another scrap box and just throw things in it. Done in minutes and it gives me the illusion of a tidy craft room, LOL! I have several of these boxes stacked up now. Love the little birdie - so cute and friendly! It's quite clever to recycle card toppers like that and make something new out of them! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #18

Twiglet said...

Oh I really do need to take a leaf out of your book and get sorting stuff out - I just keep putting it off. There is always something much more fun to do. I love your little makes though - it's nice to find useful bits and bobs that you have forgotten about. xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Clearing out is so hard and I know it's got to be done. Like you I need the space more than some of the stuff. Have a good creative week if you get the chance and happy woyww, Angela x13x

Neet said...

Love your little felt bird - I have my cushion and little fabric tray in prominent places - from the crop! I was just too lucky to get your cushion.
Love the card with the little mouse on it. So pretty.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

buterfliecrafter said...

Apparently we are only able of making x amount of decissions each day,so good on you!I can not part of anything,even if my stash will keep me busy for at least a century or two☺happy woyww vicky#15

Christine said...

Well done you for clearing and filling bags! I have only managed one so far - will try to do better!!!
Enjoy the rest of your week
Christine #19