Saturday 14 November 2015

Cornwall - Happy Memories In The Making

Hello Everyone,

Before I go on with this post I'd like to just say to the people of Paris, and of France, mes pensées sont avec vous aujourd'hui - my thoughts are with all of you today. I am so shocked and saddened by last night's atrocities.

I've been in my crafty den for much of the week, taking sanctuary while Storm Abigail does her worst! Admittedly, I've made only two cards - no photos yet, the light has been dire, so will share them another time - but I have several scrap layout photos which I can share today.
Twenty years ago, long before I discovered scrapping, and not long after we met, the EM and I took our first holiday together. Needless to say, we took dozens of photos but they've been tucked away in a drawer ever since. The design for this layout is based on Shimelle's Sketch Twenty-Two from 2013 ... I flipped the sketch to accommodate the photo's portrait orientation. Sitting for this particular photo is almost obligatory when visiting Land's End!

As there are so many photos, I've put together two double-sided pocket pages.



I find Project Life photo pocket pages make such a difference the speed with which I am able to get a lot of photos into albums without having to create too many 12" x 12" pages. Don't get me wrong, I love creating lovely 12" x 12"  pages but if I were stick to just that size most of my mahoosive collection of photos would never make it into an album.
Wherever we go, I pick up leaflets and maps from the Tourist Information Centres, bring them home and then just store them away in a box. As they are so much part of our holiday memories thisI've long thought this is not the most ideal way of storing them. However,it occurred to me, a light bulb moment!, that I could create a pocket on the reverse of the 12 x 12 layout in which to store them. I'll be doing this on every holiday layout now.

Materials used:
Papers and Cut Apart Stickers - Echo Park Summer Bliss; Simple Stories Hello Baby; Carta Bella Hello Again
Alphas and Rub Ons - Kaisercraft, Ivory Sticker Sheet and Journey RubOns
Template - Kiwi Lane Sentiments
Enamels - Marianne Green & Orange pack

Take care everyone and stay safe,

1 comment:

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful layouts Elizabeth.
I think many of us are saddened and sickened by this new attack. Words can't seem to come out and I know they won't be enough anyways. My heart is sad and it hurts for the people of France too. I hope the rest of the weekend is much more lovely and lovelier for you and for all of us Karen x