Wednesday 11 November 2015

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - Week 336

Hello Everyone,

I'm late, I'm late for
A very important date.
...
I'm over-due, I'm in a rabbit stew.
Can't even say good-bye,
Hello, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.


Those words from Alice in Wonderland could have been written for me! One of these What's On Your Workdesk Wednesdays I will be early - I'm working on it. In the meantime, here's what my desk looked like this morning.
Nothing has changed since then - the same stuff is lying on it waiting for me to do something! Anything! The pile of paper scraps are the leftovers from a mahoosive scrapping session. I'm trying to persuade myself to be creative with the scraps instead of just dumping stashing them in the snippets drawer ... where's inspiration when it's needed?!?! Not that I've been entirely uncreative- heaven forbid! No, I've been frittering away time experimenting with embossed backgrounds, hence the two embossing powders, ink pads and brayer. The card lying on the kitten diary is the result. The cute kitten stamp set is out because I used the greeting on a card that can't be seen - it's also on top of the kitten diary. The scrap layouts and the cards will feature in future posts.


  

A few weeks ago - WOYWW Week 331 actually - this ribbon storage was a WIP waiting to be decorated. Finally it is done, decorated with patterned paper from Papermania's Vintage Notes pack. The delicate colours blend in very nicely in the newly decorated crafty den.

Off to have a vicarious hop round a few desks before dinner - it's my favourite, macaroni cheese, tonight :)

Have a great week.

Happy Crafting,

10 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Your ribbon storage looks lovely. Great job getting it finished.

Fiona #34

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Elizabeth, and hugs to Bonnie. I do like your Ribbon storage- very subtle colours, as you say. You must have been really busy scrapping to make that many off cuts, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

Laura said...

Fab ribbon storage.
My most favourite and satisfying layouts are made entirely of off cuts. Try just picking up some pieces and moving them around in your hand until they are nicely layered...
Laura
43

Annie said...

Hi Elizabeth. I need of inspiration?....then don't look at me lol I've just been playing with my little patchwork Christmas trees today doing a bit of machine embroidery on them. I'm not sure the ones I've done are finished yet or not but it might be a case of less is more :-) I do have to say that I do really love your ribbon storage.
Hugs,
Annie x # 22

Anne said...

Like the ribbon storage Elizabeth. I'm very late to woyww this week. Anne x #58

MagsB said...

The ribbon storage is such a neat idea, Elizabeth, and looks so pretty!

I daren't join in 'WOYWW' mainly because normally I can't actually see my desk because of all the 'stuff' piled on it that I should have put away! But it's fascinating to see how others are doing!!

love Mags B x

buterfliecrafter said...

great ribbon storage and great pile of scraps definitely don't throw away but hang on to these, some day you'll find good use for them. yummie mac and cheese.butterfliecrafter#8

April said...

I am late with my visit! lol Love those papers - I am sure you will be inspired soon. The card on top of your stack is cute. The ribbon holder turned out great. April #51

Karen Petitt said...

Your ribbon storage is beautiful Elizabeth and I will have a look for those papers as they sound lovely Karen xx

Twiglet said...

So late getting round desks this week! What a fab bit of ribbon storage - so pretty. I think I have too much stuff to do something so neat. Mine will probably be stuffed into jars! x Jo