I hope this finds you well and enjoying your evening. Usually on a Wednesday I join in with Julia's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday but today, instead, I accompanied my daughter, Juli, to the Scottish Cochlear Implant Centre at Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock. The good news is that after numerous tests it has been decided that she will benefit from having an implant and so the operation will be go ahead some time within the next nine weeks. Needless to say, as her mother, I have concerns for her going through an operation but she is so excited at the possibility of hearing better, in particular hearing music for the first time in her 44 years, that I'm delighted for her too.
WOYWW post a few weeks back you might recall the beginnings of this card on my workdesk. The completed card doesn't look that much different because I thought that the photo really didn't need a lot of embellishment.
- An A4 sheet of purple textured cardstock, Papermania, folded in half to create the card base
- A snippet of lilac textured cardstock
- White card punched using an EK Success border punch to create the trim
- An oddment of plaid ribbon that just happened to pick out the colours in the photo
- The photo
- Greeting stamp, Sweet Roses set free with a crafting magazine, Simply Cards & Papercraft Issue 139
- Whispers Rio Purple ink pad
- Purple gems in two sizes
I'm submitting this card to Pixie's Snippet Playground - unless the scrap of ribbon is counted, just one, admittedly large, snippet used, but it all helps.
That's it for this evening. I had a very early start this morning and I'm beat now so it's off to bed for me. I wish you all a very good night.