Wednesday 30 January 2013

Docrafts Creativity Challenge

Hello Everyone,

Two posts in one day, what's the world coming to!


Here's a card created with Docrafts Chronology stamps that was made with a male recipient in mind.  It's not like me, I know, but I have gone all clean and simple with this one. The panel was created by masking off the area to be inked and stamped. Then the iced spruce distress ink was brushed on before over-stamping in black soot ... inking only the top part of the Chronology Looking Glasses stamp to achieve the desired effect.


The heat embossed clock was fairly easy to cut out to embellish the front. I've also stamped it inside.

And on the back too.

Materials used:
base - blank smooth white card
inks - Tim Holtz distress inks, Iced Spruce and Black Soot; VersaMark
stamps - Docrafts Urban stamp, Chronology (Looking Glasses); Chronology stamp set free with Creativity magazine; Stampin' Up, So Happy For You, stamp set
embossing powder - Stampendous Midnight Black opaque
tools: ink duster

I'm submitting this card to the following two challenges:

Docrafts Creativity Challenge - cards for men

Less is More Week 104 - Sketch #8 

This is the sketch:



That's me done for now. I'm on nursing duty - the EM isn't feeling too good and the Boss has been sick too. Unfortunately, our old cat doesn't seem to know when she is eating too much and I treated her to a snack of chicken at lunch time - mistake!

On a happier note, I'm off to visit a few more WOYWWers before Pointless starts at 5.15pm.

Happy crafting,

20 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is brilliant Elizabeth. Love it.

Jackie said...

Superb CAS card, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

WOW - should be a winner!! I bunked off LIM this week, bad girl :( Hugs, Di xx

Jo said...

Fab LIM card Elizabeth....love it!
Hugs Jo x

Claire said...

love the birthday card - i have too many clock stamps, but i do love 'em!!
thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment :)
happy WOYWW and have wonderful week :)
no. 5

Tracy @ Cardmaker's Delights said...

Lovely card, I really like the masculine feel to it. x

Sandra H said...

Hi Elizabeth...........This is brilliant! x

Chrissie said...

This is super Elizabeth!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

My name is Cindy said...

Me likey!!

Alison Scott said...

Lovely clean and simple card.
That is my task for this week - using the Chronology stuff from the goody bag.
Happy WOYWW
Alison #72

Hettie said...

Great card there Elizabeth. You have done the sketch to a treat!
Sorry to hear about the 'ickness in your household and hope everyone gets better soon! With your care they should!
Been jigging again tonight for a belated Burns Night - cancelled last Wednesday due to the weather!
Coming up to Scotland later this year to order me a kilt! Yeay!!!
xx

MaryH said...

Delightful card. Trim & spare, and just fits the bill. Love that you decorated the back of it too. Some nice guy is just gonna love this. Perfect for a fella. TFS

RosA said...

Hi Elizabeth, I like your simple but very effective male card. I find "male" cards very difficult, although I did do one really good one once and had it published, along with instructions! (I'd almost forgotten about that.)

You asked about that (Fiskars) squeeze punch, and, yes, it is easy to use. I don't have arthritis (yet) but I do have chronic pain in my right wrist from breaking it six years ago and I find it quite easy to use. However, that one I have is "small" and they do come in larger sizes (which I don't have), and perhaps they could be a bit harder to use. I often use it if only to just punch out circles in remnants which I put aside for a friend's grand daughter!
Hope that all helps :)

Darnell said...

I love your CAS card, Elizabeth! I recognized the sketch from LIM right away!!

scrappymo! said...

Oh Elizabeth...this is a great masculine card! Love the clocks stamped that way and the fussy cut clock on the front combined with the image stamp again inside is just the right finishing touch.

debby4000 said...

Brilliant CAS card.
luv
Debby

Jen Nelson said...

great card elizabeth!! love how you decorated inside too

Thanks for joining us this week!

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kathyk said...

GR8 masculine card and perfect images and colours. I like to stamp inside and on the back - usually doing the envelopes too.

Hope the poorlies are soon feeling better

Kathyk

Shobana said...

This is awesome! Love how you used the clock stamps....tks for the inspiration! I just got a clock stamp (my first!) and this is a great way to use them! :)

Viv said...

Great card Elizabeth :) Viv xx