A happy Handy Hippo Thursday to one and all. Here in Scotland the holidays are over and the children are all back in school until the summer. In the meantime, we are all looking forward to lots of Jubilee celebrations nationwide and, unless you are one of the lucky ones that got tickets ... I'm not bitter, not one bit of it ... lots of TV coverage of the Olympic Games.
So getting into the spirit of things here's the card I want to share with you this week.
It’s easy to add to your basket any other purchase that you might like and if something is temporarily out of stock you can request to be emailed once it is back in stock.
Here are the instructions on how to make the card:
- Using whatever software you have on your computer, set up and print 'Having a Wonderful Time!' in black on the lower right corner of an A4 sheet of white card. I've used Serif Craft Artist Professional, but similar results could be produced on any word-processing or graphics programme. The font I've used is Forte, size 28 points, but again any similar font would do as well
- Fold the A4 sheet of white card in half to form an A5 card base
- Cut a strip of the red/white striped card 1¾" deep and trim to the width of the front. Wrap a length of navy blue ribbon along the length of the card, making sure it is firmly adhered to the back. Adhere it securely and centrally across the front of the card
- To make the topper, stamp the image in black on to a piece of white card and trim down. Mat the stamped image, first on to the red card leaving a narrow edge, and secondly with navy blue card, again leaving a narrow edge. Adhere the topper to the left centre with dimensional foam.
- To make the pennants, draw and cut out a template on white card in the shape of an elongated triangle, as in this diagram.
- Using the template cut out 4 navy blue, 3 red and 3 striped pennant shapes. Arrange them across the top of the card front and then glue them in place. Using a white pen, add faux stitching along the top each pennant.
- Create a bow from the ribbon and glue it in place. Edge the tips of the white flower with a red ink pad, then glue it to the front of the bow. Add a red gem as the finishing touch to the front of the card.
- The insert is an A4 sheet of copy paper onto which is printed the greeting 'Wish You Were Here' in the same font as that on the front. Fold the sheet in half and trim to fit inside the card. Ink up the image with a grey ink pad, stamping on to some spare paper first, then stamp on to the bottom left corner of the insert. Adhere the insert to the inside of the card.