Thursday 29 September 2011

Tropical Bird - Inked Filigree Card

Evening All,

After yesterday's brilliant sunshine today has been a disappointing day, not helped by my visit to the physiotherapist ... I think the tension of being put through my paces exhausted me more than anything. The verdict was mixed too - exercises for my hip and more tests to come, oh joy! So, on to today's card.


It's the card that you might have seen on my WOYWW post this week. I'd tinted the filigree bird using make-up sponges and various colours of ink pads. Once I had done that I decided that I didn't want it on the white base so I backed it with a plain brown design paper, covered the base in another striped,  jungly sort of patterned paper. The embellishments are just gold raffia, gold coloured rainbow drops and a greeting topper.



Inside and front just decorated with strips of the patterned paper.

Materials used:
  • 1 Papermania Birdsong delicate filigree card;
  • white cardstock for base;
  • Design Paper - Pebbles Skipping Along The Pathway & Basic Grey Archaic Primal;
  • various Papermania ink pads in greens, yellows, reds & gold;
  • gold raffia;
  • gold rainbow drops;
  • greeting topper from Papermania Persimmon Collection cardstock sticker

 Most of the materials were either leftovers from previous projects or much neglected stash that hadn't seen the light of day for many moons so I'm sure it qualifies for Jules Sunday Snippet Challenge and as this is closing early again this week I'd better get my skates on or I'll be too late :)

Happy Crafting,

5 comments:

Di said...

What a lovely cheering card Elizabeth!
I'm glad you showed the finished result of what was on your desk on Wednesday - fabulous! Di xx

Doreen said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth.xxx

coops said...

stunning card elizabeth.i love the rich colours and the bird is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Hi Elizabeth

Your card is amazing!

What a brilliant bird sitting amongst all the flowers and folliage. I love all the inks you have used .. what a great idea!

As always beautifully decorated inside and out!

Sorry to have made you rush .. .. I am pleased you made it in time to share in the playground.

Love Jules xx

p.s. Thank you for your email Elizabeth. I will respond on Monday when my feet are back on the ground.

Bernie said...

What a delightful card! Love the soft colors on the bird and foliage. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
Blessings Bernie