I've just been doing a bit of blog housekeeping - and it needed it ... my, it takes time keeping up with all the lovely candies and giveaways that some of you lovely bloggers have up for grabs ... I was weeks out of date!!! Still it's all bang up to date again so time to show you the card I made for my son's lovely partner, Elaine.
I used my Crafty Individuals paper and stamp for this card. This is another of the images I coloured whilst on holiday in Wales ... now that was a worthwhile exercise as I've used quite a number of these pre-prepared stampings now. This one is stamped on to watercolour paper and the butterflies and flowers are coloured with shimmer paints and I took TH's DI, Spun Sugar over it - thought it looked better with the gorgeous paper.
The corners are just made from a square of co-ordinating paper cut in have diagonally, then matted onto pink card.
Simple decoration inside and out - the lovely cream card base didn't seem to call for more.
- Cream square (5.5"x5.5") card base (Paper Mill Direct)
- Stampin' Up cardstock, Rose Red & Baja Breeze for Matting & Layering
- Crafty Individuals Springtime Background Papers
- Stamps: - Crafty Individuals CI-301 & Stampin' Up So Happy for You set
- Shimmer paints - green, blue, yellow & pink
- Ink pads, Memento, Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz DI, Spun Sugar
- Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts 25mm Wild Rose in Mushroom/Cream; pink ribbon & pink die-cut butterfly from stash; Crafty Notions pink rainbow drops
Right, I'm off to take stock before starting on the next project. Maybe a cuppa will help :)
Hope you are all faring well and enjoying your week. Take care and happy crafting,