After my weekend spending spree I thought it would be nice to use a few of the butterflies on a tag. As it's almost Spring, not quite but almost, I incorporated my favourite sentiment too. The colours were dictated by the butterfly colours and, anyway, I just love the fresh and zingy lime and lemon combo.
The bee, stamped in black, is a tiny Lavinia stamp that I bought for the amazing price of £1 at the SECC Glasgow - I couldn't believe my luck when I saw these wee stamps going for song!
The wee black butterflies are from Stampin' Up's 'So Happy for You' set and the green butterflies from a set of Anita's toppers - one of my Dobbies bargain deals.
The base of the tag was cut from smooth card in Wild Wasabi SU, then covered with Papermania on the front and Bearly Mine Design paper on the back.A strip of punched the same BMD paper and a die-cut lace strip are adhered up the centre of the card and trimmed with lemon ribbon - also used as the loop tie at the top. The die-cut on the front is distressed with a combination of lemon and lime inks then spritzed with cosmic shimmer in two colours, rich gold and pearl mist (another SECC find).
As you can see, I've used my current favourite stamp, Penny Black's Aspire using a Versafine ink pad in Olympia Green. I made the little duckling topper by stamping in yellow on to white card then cut it out. After colouring the beak, neckerchief, wing and feet with Promarkers, I went over the head and body with Bostick Sticki Pen and then covering with crushed velvet to make it a fluffy duckling.
The back is a little less decorated - but only just!! I've left some space to write a greeting to the recipient and that's about it. Oh, yes, there are a few dew drops sprinkled around because they are so pretty.
- Cardstock: SU smooth card, Wild Wasabi for tag base; white card for toppers
- Design Paper: Docrafts Papermania, Pear Tree/Polka; Bearly Mine Design, Vintage #05
- Stamps: Penny Black, Aspire; Anita's, Duckling; SU, So Happy For You, Butterfly; Sheena Douglass, A Little Bit Sketchy 2, Spring; Lavinia, Bee
- Colouring: Ink Pads: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Shabby Shutters; Papermania, Yellow from Serengeti set & Mid Green from Rain Forest set; Whispers, Sunshine; Versafine, Olympia Green; Memento, Tuxedo Black; Cosmic Shimmer, Rich Gold & Pearl Mist; Promarkers
- Embellishments: Anita's Butterfly Toppers; Dobbies Easter Butterflies; Crushed Velvet, Bumblebee Flock; Clear Dew Drops; Bostik Sticki Pen; Satin-edged organza ribbon in lemon yellow
Not too sure what I'm going to make next - I'm a bit spoiled for choice at the moment. Of course, there is always this week's Christmas card to make so it might be an idea to do that and be early for once - hmmm, doesn't sound like me somehow. First, I think a cup of tea, while I think about it . . .
Happy crafting and goodnight,