Sunday 3 January 2016

Snippet Sunday - Something Different to do with Embossing Powders

Hello Everyone,

Well, that's the festivities over, time to get back into crafting, though the cards I  have to share today were made way back in November last year.

The first is a Christmas card with a difference ...
... and the second is a card made for a special little girl's birthday.
Both feature backgrounds that were made using glittery embossing powders in a way not tried before.

Here's are the steps to making the background:

  • First step, gather together the materials - white card, VersaMark Ink Pad, Sheena WOW! Easter Sparkle & Magenta Twinkle embossing powders and a heat gun.
  • Second step, cover the card with the VersaMark by smearing it all over - this doesn't have to be too precise - then sprinkle with the yellow powder. Knock off excess and then use a heat gun to melt and set the powder.
  • Third and final step, repeat the second step but this time using the pink embossing powder.

That's all there is to it. I did find that the effect looked better if I used shiny cardstock, as in the second card ... I used smooth card for the Christmas card and, as you can see, the effect is quite different - much more of the pink powder stuck!

Challenges I'm submitting the cards to:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 210 - I used several snippets of white, yellow and pink card to make the cards.

CHNC Challenge 262 - vintage or anything goes

CHNC Challenge Extra - January 2016

Penny Black Saturday Challenge January - Anything Goes

That's me for today - I'm off to do a bit of blog-hopping and then later work on my Christmas scrapbook, in the hope of finishing it before Christmas 2016 :)

I hope you are all keeping dry and cosy wherever you are.

10 comments:

Di said...

Lovely cards Elizabeth - and I do love how you did the backgrounds. Happy New YEar!

Hugs

Di xx

Marie Bingaman said...

I love how the backgrounds were done! Really cute and different for a Christmas card, for sure! Thanks for sharing it with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Gibmiss said...

Hi Elizabeth
Fabulous card just right for our Challenge at Penny Black
Hugs Sylvie xx
DT...

Sarn said...

Ooh . . . thanks for the info on the backgrounds. Might just have to try that out as it looks so effective here.

Great cards Elizabeth.

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for January!
Monica - DT

meg said...

Thanks for that tip will have to give it a go, the backgrounds you created are beautiful.

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing the technique. I have some Judikins sparkly powder which I never use. I'm going to give this a go. Yellow and pink are one of my favourite colour combos. Barbxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Two for one!! Lovely glittery background! Darling creations!

♥ Sue Kment

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the backgrounds!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to check out our next fun challenge, and see if you're a lucky winner!
Helen x