Monday 25 January 2016

Flower Photo Cards

Good morning to all my lovely friends and followers,

I hope you have all enjoyed the weekend and that Monday isn't proving too bad either. What started as a damp, dreich day here in Ayr has freshened up to dry and windy. Typical Scottish weather then ... give it an hour or so and it will have changed again :)

I have what I think is the last of the cards from last year to share with you. You might have spotted the makings of these cards on one of my WOYWW posts around October but I don't believe I showed the finished results.
The photos are close-ups taken of flowers that featured in one of my In A Vase On Monday posts some time last summer. I remember thinking they were so pretty they would look lovely as a toppers so I dug around in my odds and ends and unearthed lots of pretty stash with which to make these two cards.


Materials and method used:
  • cardstock: Aqua - Papermill Direct - A4 folded in half to create tent fold card blanks measuring 8½" x 5¾"
  • and snippets of Teal cardstock trimmed to 8½" x 1½" to form base of central band
  • ribbon trim: scraps of aqua grosgrain with white stitched finish ribbon and white silk seam binding - both wrapped around the teal band which was then fixed to the centre of the card front
  • punched trim: 4 border strips, daisy pattern, bought back in the early days of cardmaking when I had no paper punches of my own - used to edge the top and bottom of the teal band
  • embellishments: aqua dew drops and white bows made from the seam binding to finish off 
I'm submitting this to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 213 - two snippet cards in as many days has got to be a recent record!

The cat is howling for some reason so I better go see what's bothering her before I do anything more ... when The Boss calls you have to hop to it :)

I'll be back later with this week's In A Vase On Monday - I know some of you look forward to seeing whatever I can find in my garden even at this time of the year!

Take care and have a great day.

Happy Crafting,

6 comments:

meg said...

The photographs make beautiful toppers Elizabeth, these cards would be suitable for any occasion.

cuilliesocks said...

Just beautiful Elizabeth, love them, Kate x

Barb said...

What a beautiful card Elizabeth. How wonderful to be able to use a photo of your own lovely flowers as a topper for your card. Barbxx

Sandra H said...

Soooo pretty! xx

Di said...

Oh these are so pretty Elizabeth! And even more so as they're from your own garden too. Gave me quite a turn to see you pop up in the Playground again so soon! :)

Hugs

Di xx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Elizabeth, such a gorgeous image.
Pauline
x