Wednesday 20 January 2016

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - WOYWW Week 364

Afternoon WOYWWers and All,

I hope all is well and good with you today. Once again, thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I enjoy reading them, of course, and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.

Wednesday again! Time for me to join in with Head Desker, Julia, over at Stamping Ground for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.
It's been another busy week and I'd like to say that it's been a productive one craftwise, but, no, it just has not. The Christmas album is still a work in progress, as is the giant crochet square and the miniscule bit of embroidery I'm working on. But today I have other irons in the fire, so to speak. I'm almost overdue on the project you can see in it's various parts on my craft desk: stamps, inks, marker pens, and a sheet of Clarity coated postcard. The brayer is getting an airing today; it's many months since that has happened. I just hope I remember how to use it! The notepaper with instructions on how to make a mini book, from a 12"x12" sheet of cardstock, is nothing to do with the proposed project ... but I just might get around to making it up one day ... it's all one day with me at the moment!!! 

The fluffy stuff is out again and, in answer to LLJ's question of last week, this is a puff paint that, when gently heated, puffs up. It's available in various colours though I only have the white. Depending where it is used, it can give the appearance of snow, white fur, clouds, or anything else you can think of that looks fluffy and puffy.

On the sewing table I have stuff sorted out to applique tartan flowers and butterflies on to a plain tote bag. Now that folks in England have to pay for carrier bags, I thought I'd make this for my youngest sister who lives in London. The shapes have been cut out of Bondaweb using the dies that can just about be seen sitting on top of the little black drawer set in the first photo. Next step is to iron them on to the fabric and cut them out ready to apply to the front of the bag. 

The giant granny square throw in my favourite autumnal shades.

Reviving a long forgotten skill - that is, long forgotten by me!
I haven't embroidered for something like 50 years. I'm planning to incorporate this little piece into a patchwork needle case - that'll be one day when it's finished, of course!

I'ts lunchtime now so I'm off to have a bite to eat before settling down to do a bit of desk-hopping. I'd like to say that I managed to visit everyone last week but it wouldn't be true. Sorry! Time just ran away from me and life got in the way. Hopefully, I'll do better this week.

Happy Crafting,

18 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Good to see your brayer is getting a much-needed workout! I'm very keen on reviving techniques I've been neglecting at the moment, so mine's been getting a bit of exercise too.

Jane #40

Annie said...

You have lots of lovely crafting going on at yours today....I rather like revisiting crafts like you are this week.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, looks a busy desk and som interesting craft stash.
I love your granny blanket, i've never learned to crochet, I keep trying though, but I guess I'm just a knitter.
A very long time since I embroidered anything, your work looks beautiful, remember to show it when it's finished, Kate x

trisha too said...

So many fine projects happening, and so varied--thank you for showing lots of photos, we nosey deskers very much appreciate it!!! Beautiful colors in your granny square.

:)trisha
#56 this week

Lisca said...

Good for you to try and revive your embroidery skills. I joined an embroidery group last year and am learning. But during the holidays I haven't done much.
I haven't crocheted for donkey's years either.
Interesting that fluffy stuff...
Have a good week,
Lisca

Inside the artists shed said...

I'm all for giving these old 'granny' crafts a modern twistband I see that folk a lot younger than me are doing the same. At least our creations aren't made in China . Have a good week x Jackie 32

shazsilverwolf said...

Wow, that embroidery takes me back! I can remember doing that many years ago, and also remember all the embroidered tablecloths/antimacassars/dressing table sets that my Mother had done for her bottom drawer.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ah, so that's what puff paint is...clever!! You're working on some fab projects, I love the crochet and embroidery :-). Keep warm and toasty!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Barb said...

Your desk looks nice and organised Elizabeth. I hope you enjoyed your crafting today. The giant granny square is looking good and your embroidery is very pretty. My Nan taught me to embroider whenI was a little girl and I embroidered corners of pillowcases, chairbacks, and all sorts of things for my bottom drawer many years ago. I do some cross stitch occasionally. Barbxx

Sharon said...

Very organised! Mini-album? One sheet of paper? That's funny as I was watching Youtube videos last night for such a thing. Tried one out quickly this afternoon before hubby came home.

Sharon K
#52

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi nice to meet you and thanks for your kind thoughts about my mum.

Looks like an interesting project about to start with Clarity stamps. I am sitting on my large granny squares blankey. ...

Crafty hugs Pen x #61

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, it's always good to get stuff out that you've not used for a while. I can see you have some Clarity stamps there, hope we get to see what you do with them. Wishing you a happy crafty woyww, Angela x 15

MadeByKarla said...

So much goodness here. my grandma taught me to embroider when I was 6. I would like to pick it up again sometime too!

Bridget Larsen said...

That is the largest granny square I have ever seen, must have been heavy as you crocheted
Bridget #1

buterfliecrafter said...

lot's of projects and very diverse going on there. Vicky#66

Neet said...

Gosh Elizabeth you have been busy, and are busy, looking forward to seeing that tote bag when it is finished. I just love tartan on things and wish I could redo my "C" tree in tartan and red but it is too expensive to replace all the baubles.
Love that delicate embroidery you are doing - again, hope we see it a it progresses.
Hugs and thanks for your visit whilst I was nurse maiding.
Neet 3 xx

Nikki said...

Lots going on here your blanket looks so nice and warm to cuddle under

Nikki said...

Happy late WOYWW hugs Nikki 8