Friday 15 January 2016

Friday Smiles

Hi Smilers Everywhere,

It's been a busy day here at Casa Worthington and I'm a tad late but I'm here at last and joining Annie over at A Stitch In Time with just a few of the reasons I had to to smile this week.

The first has to be this little one. Bonnie, as you may know, is a very elderly cat ... over 16 years old, that's about 82 in human years ... and sometimes she shows it. She certainly did over Christmas. She became a loner, ignoring proffered knees and cuddles, and retiring to this corner by the DVD stacker - a virtual recluse. Apart from visiting her food dish and the occasional trip out for a constitutional, there she stayed from about the 15th December. Needless to say I began to fear the worst, could it be that she was ill, she was so clearly miserable. The vet didn't seem to think so. What could be wrong we wondered. Surprise, surprise! As soon as the tree and the decorations came down she started to perk up again. Bonnie hates Christmas! Who would have thought it! She's much happier now that she has got back to the old routine and so am I - it's so nice to have her snuggle up to me again.

And now two funnies that caught my eye.
Isn't that the truth!
I so nearly did this on one trip out! Fortunately, common sense told me that I'd better not :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm off now to do a bit of blog-hopping before I go downstairs to watch Mr Selfridge at 9pm.

Take care and keep smiling,

9 comments:

Lisca said...

Oh dear Bonnie! Bless her! I suppose she thinks she's just too old for this malarkey. Well, I'm glad she's perked up.
Had to smile at the funnies. The one about cleaning you craftroom I know all too well....

mamapez5 said...

Lots of lovely cat stories this week. Fancy Bonnie not like Christmas. I guess it is the change in her environment and routine that she objected to. But I am glad she has perked up now. Enjoy your cuddles this week. Kate x

Annie said...

Oh bless....fancy your cat not liking Christmas Ellie. I must admit I'm always happy when I see it all put away for another year too even if I do really enjoy watching the little ones dec the tree each year. Love your funnies today.
Hugs,
Annie x

cuilliesocks said...

So pleased to hear that Bonnie is so much better, I was dreading what you were going to say as I was scrolling down whilst reading, as you say she is a Grand Dam. Imagin Christmas being the reason, amazing. We tend to forget that out pets having feelings too and do't like upset in their lives. It's a lovely photo nevertheless, kate x

Lynn Holland said...

Hope you and Bonnie enjoyed Mr Selfridge we did.
I shuddered when saw your craft room poster, I've been clearing mine for a fortnight.
Lynn x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Elizabeth, aren't the animals fussy, most cats want to knock all the balls off the tree, but at Bonnies age well she can make the order of the day. Love your funnies too, enjoy your weekend Robyn

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry I'm late, but life got in the way of computer time this weekend. Seems cats have taken center stage this week, because so many of us showed them. It's good to know that Bonnie is back to her "old" self again now that the Christmas decorations are gone. That's actually funny, because my two seem to love looking at the decorations I add each year. Maybe it's that they know they always have something special in their stockings. Not to worry. My former cat "Dog" was nearly 21 when he died of old age. He died in March one year and would have been 21 on May 1 of that year. I'd had him since I was 18 and I was heartbroken until my god-daughter gave me Bleubeard two years later.

Liked your funnies this week, but thankfully, I don't have to scream to anyone when I want to stop (grin). Happy Friday Smiles on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see Bonnie and hear her story! As a cat lover (I have three) I am pleased that it was only Christmas that was bringing her down. She's a cat with a lot of experience, isn't she?

pearshapedcrafting said...

I just popped by to Thank You for becoming a follower and so pleased I did! I love this story! We moved to a flat so it's not so easy to have a cat now. So glad that Bonnie perked up once the tree came down! Cats are so picky sometimes! Love those two quotes!!! Hugs, Chrisx