Monday 4 January 2016

In A Vase On Monday - Berry Delightful

Hello Everyone,

I'm not one for making resolutions - they'll only be forgotten in a couple of weeks - but I do find that a new year has me reviewing what was done last year and looking at what changes, if any, I'd like to make in the year to come. Hence the blog makeover ... I think it was long overdue. I like the fresh new colour and I hope you like it too.

On to joining Cathy, Rambling in the Garden, and In A Vase On Monday.
And, simply because it is all that the garden has to offer today, it's jug of berries. I'm not sure why the birds haven't stripped the cotoneaster and skimmia bare of berries by now. I suspect it is because, despite the many storms we've had so far this winter, it has been much warmer than usual, making it easier for the many birds that visit our garden to find other food. That, and the bird feeders my husband keeps well stocked!
Whatever the reason, it does mean that I have a lovely jug of berries sitting on the kitchen worktop to enjoy.

To everyone who joins in with Cathy's lovely meme, In A Vase On Monday, I'd like to wish you a wonderful year of flower arranging and gardening ahead.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Elizabeth I love the look of the blog and the color....a perfect winter vase...seems we both used berries. Happy New Year!

Kris Peterson said...

The berries make a cheerful display, Elizabeth. Best wishes for a happy new year!

Hannah said...

Your berries are lovely and abundant, Elizabeth. I like the new look, a fresh start for the new year. I have just a few berries, I guess most fell off.

Anonymous said...

And the berries are every bit as effective and welcome in a vase as blooms - great structure, and the loose berries casually strewn beside the jug just add to the result. Thnaks for sharing and have a great year!

Anonymous said...

A very happy 2016 Elizabeth, what could be more lovely than red berries in a white jug, perfect!

Angie said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Elizabeth. A lovely wintery display.