Thursday 7 January 2016

Good Things Come In Small Packages

Afternoon Everyone

It's a wet and dreary day today and I feel like I'm going down with something - my throat's a bit sore, heads hurting, etc. - so I may be spending much of the day on the sofa. However, before I do, I'd like to share this layout of my beautiful great-granddaughter, Lacie. It was made it in November but somehow I've not got around to sharing until now.
It's a good thing that I had the foresight to write down a list of materials used.

  • Papers: Grey/black notebook style sheet for base; Echo Park, Bubblegum, Large Dots from Dots and Stripes; Simple Stories, Hello Baby for cut aparts.
  • Stickers & Alphas: Simple Stories, So Fancy; Pebbles Border Stickers; Papermania Summer Bloom Flower Epoxy Stickers
  • Rub-ons: Prima Melody
  • Enamel Dots: Simple Stories, So Fancy (pink); My Mind's Eye, The Sweetest Thing (yellow); Fun Fair by Heltz Cuppleditch (turquoise)

One thing I should point out is that, like an awful lot of scrappers, I'm addicted to pretty patterned paper - there I've admitted it! Which means I have a hoard of beautiful papers, held on to for years simply because I love them so much ... but no more. It's time to use them up! This does mean that the papers used for this and future layouts may be a real mix of old, not so old, newer ... they may not even sometimes be bang up to date ... but they will, for sure, have been much stroked. It also means I may not be able to credit the brand/collection/page name/date, etc. but I will wherever I can.

That pink and white dotty Bubblegum paper, hung on to for such a long time just waiting for the perfect reason to use it, was, I think, perfect for this layout. The blackboard style cut aparts provided just the right title for the page too.

There are couple of other projects hanging over from last year that, sore throat and cold permitting, I plan to share in the next day or two. Just tidying stuff up as the new year gets well under way. First though, I need to do something about the new header. It's not looking quite right. Luckily, as it was created on Serif Craft Artist I can go back and tweak it again until I'm totally happy.

Before I think of doing anything more, I'm off to have some hot soup, a couple of paracetamol and an hour or two languishing on the sofa.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your day.

Happy Crafting,

2 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful layout Elizabeth your great -granddaughter looks adorable

Rita said...

Gorgeous layout Elizabeth. Beautiful great grand daughter too. Hope yourself and Alan enjoyed the festive season and that your cold does not get any worse. Hugs Rita xxxx