Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all well and having a good day. After the fun of last week, I must thank all who left their very welcome comments to last week's post celebrating WOYWW 900! It was a pleasure to catch up with so many deskers we haven't seen in a while.
That's not a mess on my desk today. I've been preparing for a class that had me putting together a few autumn themed kits ready for the off today. The class is Shimelle's Clear the Desk Autumn 26 - an extension of her earlier Clear the Desk Live.Most of you will have seen me banging on about the kits I put together before moving house in 2022 but I don't think I've ever mentioned where I got the idea from to make them. It's all down to several clever scrappers who make videos for YouTube and/or run classes on how to put kits together. My first introduction was from Nicole Jones (nicolejones911). Then I discovered the many videos from RTS Scrapbooking - Record the Story And, of course, Shimelle who puts together monthly kits and then creates live videos throughout each month using the contents of those kits. It's thanks to these talented ladies that I am now having great fun working my way through my own kits, discovering supplies I'd completely forgotten. Beautiful papers and fabulous embellishments all making it easier and quicker to put together a layout, and as I am the slowest scrapper in the world this is a bonus!
This layout was made using one such kit.
I had fun using up the sticker borders - something I continually forget to use - on this layout inspired by a sketch from Scrap-a-Sketch. The photo, dated 2019, is off three of my great-grandchildren getting excited on the car trip to Motherwell Country Park with their grandparents. One of the patterned papers used is 16 years old, and others have no date on them at all!It's a long post today so if you have got this far give yourself a pat on the back. However that's me for this week. As usual, if you don't already do so, I urge you to join in with WOYWW. You can do this by clicking on this link, Sarah's Craft Shed, where you will be made most welcome.





4 comments:
hi Elizabeth, great post today, love the scrap layouts. still typing one handed but at least the plate has been inserted now. happy woyww Helen #4
It’s always lovely when your name pops up on the list. Lovely to see your LOs.
Hugs,
Annie x #6
Speed doesn’t matter, I think you’re the Queen of LOs! They’re always lovely to look at and your description of the making is always interesting 😍 That’s a great pic of Shaz in Oz, she is definitely the furthest travelled. Silver is taking a keen interest in your desk, making sure you’re getting it right lol!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
I always love to see your pages. I met Shaz when she came over to Lincoln, she's a lovely lady. Good to see Silver too, we all need a friend to keep us under control. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x
Post a Comment