Wednesday, 26 August 2026

WOYWW Week 899/119 - Scrapbooking Supplies

Hello Everyone

Happy What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. I hope you've had a lovely week whatever you've been doing, and whatever the weather you've been enduring. Up here in my corner of Scotland it's been cooler but dry forcing me to get the watering can out again. It could be worse. Heavens, it has been worse, so I'm not complaining!

On my desk today a pile of photos. Just a fraction of my entire collection. It's only too evident that I am never going to scrap them all. But, I will do my best. For me it's the photos that come first when it comes to what I need for scrapbooking. That being said, the supplies used in making pages are many and varied. I know I go on about being on a spending freeze because of how much stash I have already but the requirements for scrapbooking are many and varied. For those who are not scrappers, but who might want to give it a go one day, here is a glimpse of just some of what I use in the making of pages.
Cardstock in various colours. Great for backing photos and layouts. Not absolutely essential as a starter, many of the plainer patterned papers make good starting points too.   
Patterned paper. I'd say this is absolutely essential. It can be bought loose or in themed packs. Often the packs contain other supplies, e.g. sheets of stickers, journaling elements, labels, etc.  The sheets can be single or double-sided. I prefer double-sided as it gives more choice. 
Letters, often referred to as 'alphas', and word stickers for creating titles. There are other supplies not shown in this photo - die-cut sets, stamp sets and even ready-made acrylic words to name a few.  
Sticker sheets and books used to create embellishment clusters. Oh, there are so many available to the avid scrapper like me. I'd say they are the sweeties of the scrapping world and just as hard to resist!!!
Die-cuts. Almost as hard to resist as stickers. These can be purchased ready-made in packs or they may be cut out using dies with a die-cutting machine. Alternatively, they can be fussy-cut from pretty patterned papers or downloaded printables that are specifically designed for cutting out. 

And last, but not least, the finishing touches. What some scrapbookers refer to as 'confetti'. For example: enamel dots, rhinestones, pearls, stencils, inks, washi tapes, punches, dies, stamps, Nuvo drops, wooden embellishments. Pens! I've almost forgotten the pens that are essential for journaling.

It's a lot for anyone contemplating becoming a scrapbooker. Be warned! As I know only too well, supplies have a way of multiplying! 
However, it's worth it to be able to create layouts like this one. Another first of the monthly pages for my 2023 album. This time for the month of March. The photos are a wee selection of those taken on walks and a trip to Glasgow during the month. Of course Silver had a starring role. 

She's been busy distracting me from finishing this post this morning. She wants to play.
How can I resist!

And finally a few funnies that I think are appropriate for today.




It's another long post today so if you have got this far this week give yourself another pat on the back. Next week is the big 900 and I'm so looking forward to seeing all your 00 memories. Such fun!  As usual, if you don't already do so, I urge you to join in with WOYWW. You can do this by clicking on this link, Sarah's Craft Shed, where you will be made most welcome.

Take care and have a fabulous week.

Elizabeth

7 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That was like Confessions of a Scrapbooker lol!! Seriously it was interesting for a non paper crafter like me to see the nuts @nd bolts of your creative process. I suspect if I did a show and tell like that my post would be considerably longer!
Lovely Silver is doing her best to distract you there 🥰🥰
Hugs LLJ 2 xx

BJ said...

Yay a scrapbook expo post, love the confetti term, not heard of that before. Hugs Bj#12

Lynnecrafts said...

I loved seeing all your scrapbooking supplies and your page starting Silver. Your cartoons made me smile, especially the last one! Purrs from Bella to Silver 😻
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is late for me today as I’m still trying to sort out the new laptop. It's always fun to have a nosy round at other peoples stuff. I'm with you the stuff it just grows and grows. Sometimes I don't even remember buying them, I think someone popped them in without me seeing them Lol! Wishing you a very happy woyww, hugs Angela x10x

Annie said...

You have so much stash and it’s so good to see you putting it all to good use. I love your results.
Thanks for the help with dates earlier.
Hugs,
Annie x #5

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This was a thorough intro to anyone wanting to start scrapbooking. I have a Smash scrapbook that I started at least 10 years ago, but have never completed it. I enjoy scrapbooking, but have a difficult time scheduling the time to work on pages. I love the page you did with Silver as the star. Happy WOYWW!

Helen said...

trying a few comments today, wrist does need an op to put a pin in. happy crafting helen #3