Wednesday 26 October 2022

WOYWW 699

 Hello Everyone,

Yeah! I'm scrapping again so time I got blogging again too. And where better to start than with this week's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday ... a bit late but hopefully better than not at all. 

The desk is a temporary fold up affair, bought cheaply from Amazon, but better than nothing. I've been so missing playing with pretty papers but the last, goodness knows how many, weeks have been utterly chaotic. Making the decision to not only move house but to downsize too was a traumatic one but we did it! We're in our new home, a two bed ground floor flat in the seaside town of Ardrossan. Just! 

There's still what seems a neverending number of boxes to unpack. It's a case of so much stuff and so little space. Before moving we gave away a ton of stuff, loads of crafting stash going to a good cause, but, no surprise, we're still having to decide what to keep and what to lose. 

So, no surprise, I won't be in my new craftroom any time soon but I'm determined to factor in more scrapping and blogging time again and to get back to some kind of normal. 

We are still to be connected to the Sky internet - we have a fault in the line - thanks Openreach for choosing now to go on strike - so I'm relying on BT at the moment. Despite that, I hope to read all your posts and leave messages where and when I am able. 

In the meantime take care everyone and have a fabulous week. 

Elizabeth 

14 comments:

Annie said...

So lovely to see you joining in this week. Really hope you’re both very happy in your new home.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Twiglet said...

I hope you are really happy in your new home. It's a good time to have a clear out and get rid of stuff that has lurked in cupboards for a while. I think I need to do likewise!! xx Jo

Helen said...

Good to see you - wishing you both happiness in your new home and much luck with all those boxes! Hope the internet gets sorted soon and we can see more of you week by week as time allows. take care. Helen #1

Neet said...

Well, may `i first of all wish you every happiness in your new flat. I hope Alan finds it much better for him being on one level, you too. The sea air should do the pair of you a lot of good and how nice it will be to go outside and breathe in that nice fresh air.
Looking forward to seeing you crafting and joining in with us regularly again.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see you Elizabeth, there's always going to be loads to do when you move house but you must take your time in getting everything unpacked so you have time to get everything organised to your liking. Hope the new home is everything you want it to be. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Crafting With Jack said...

Great to be crafting after all the upheaval. Such a lot of hard work downsizing and moving house. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh wow Elizabeth, I had no idea you were moving! A ground floor flat sounds absolutely brilliant, I hope you’re really happy there, less maintenance all round eh? And probably much more convenient to Alan to get round too - please let me know your new address when you have time. Good luck with the box unpacking!!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

SO lovely to see you back Elizabeth. Glad the move went well. Hopefully you will be straight soon. Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #11

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Elizabeth, so so lovely to see you, you’ve been on my mind. Can’t believe how quickly the move has happened, the Scottish system is so much better for house buying. How I wish we were nearer, we could help….by getting in your way and going through all your stash, messing up the kitchen and slowing you down! I think the little table is the perfect answer, especially if you have a need for creativity, and I can imagine how much you felt the need as soon as the boxes were sealed!

glitterandglue said...

Hi Elizabeth. Good to see you. Oh my - what a herculean task - moving, downsizing, having to give so much away, and now unpacking. Take care of yourselves, rest when you need to. You'll get there in the end.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

LesleyG said...

I hope you’ll be happy in your new home, it sounds perfect, and hopefully you’ll get sorted and settled very soon xxx

Marit said...

(While posting my comment, the page gave an 'error' so I don't know if my comment got lost... I post it again now but it may appear twice in your comment-line... if so, you can throw away this one.)
I looked up where Ardrossan is situated, seems like a lovely place to live (I just LOVE the seaside, ány seaside!) I know how difficult it is to downsize, we moved twice in the last 9 years going from big to smaller to small... good luck with unpacking and deciding what to keep and what not. Thanks for your visit to my blog the other day, I loved joining the woyww group this week and seeing what everyone is up to. Take care, don't forget to breath and have a lovely Sunday! Marit #3

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Elizabeth sending very best wishes for you both in your New Home (Don't forget to send me your new address!!) It will probably take a while to get settled but the hard work is done now, there's time for that at your leaisure. Happy (belated) WOYWW and have a good week love n hugs Cindy xx #14

BJ said...

Oh My Elizabeth, you've moved again, sorry the internet isn't playing ball. Hope it gets sorted soon. Good on you with the pop up table and scrapping again, hoping it rubs off on me LOL. Hugs BJ from last week....