Saturday 18 May 2019

Sewing - My First Quilt Completed

Hello Everyone

I hope you are enjoying this Saturday. We've had rain over night - nice for the garden but not so good for us - and it's been overcast all day so what better excuse to catch up with housework. Only kidding!

I'm so pleased to be able to share this with you all. It's been an unfinished project for a very long time. I bought the kit, My First Quilt, a few years ago because I thought I'd try quilt-making again but it was three decades since my last quilting project and I got the collywobbles. The kit got stashed away, not entirely forgotten but definitely neglected. Then the opportunity to attend quilting classes came up and I didn't hesitate. Two quilts, and various smaller projects, later and I felt able to finally finish this quilt. It's not perfect but I love the colours and the patterns, especially the border, and I'm pretty pleased with it.
Pleased enough to label it with my name and date. Not the date it was finished but almost. The label had to be attached with the binding and that then required a lot of hand-stitching to the back  of the quilt - that took me several more days!

I should say that the label was made on my sewing machine which has built-in alphabet stitches.

Now, I should get back to the current project. On a day like today stamping and colouring is the only thing to do.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello there Elizabeth, what a masterpiece of quilting, and well done on it's completion. Beautiful colours and the border is lovely. I've tried quilting, not for me though too complicated.
Really looking forward to meeting you next week, Kate x x