Friday 24 May 2019

Friday Smiles

Evening Everyone,

I've just spent two days planting out the many seedlings I raised from seed this year which is why I'm so late joining Annie with my Friday Smiles this week.

We're expecting a wet weekend and those seedlings needed a new home in the borders before the rain came.
These 'Apricot' foxgloves won't be in flower until next year but hopefully worth the wait. I've also planted up what seemed like hundreds of cosmos plants in various colours - white, pink and lemon. Looking forward to the flowers later in the summer.

Here's a few of the flowers blooming in my garden today.
The 'Tranquility' rose peaking through the black elder.
Astrantia
Gladiolus Byzantinus
Alliums


As mentioned in the previous post, I spent Wednesday with these two lovely ladies.
Kate of I Love Socks and Cards, left, and Rita of RMG Creation, right, with me in the middle. We had a fabulous day of chat and craft - admittedly, more chat than craft. Rita is the perfect host and I thoroughly enjoyed my day with these two lovely ladies. 

So that's what made me smile this week. Do pop over to A Stitch in Time to see what's been making everyone else happy this week. 

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, the herb garden you shared last week was out of this world, and now your flowers are stunning. I would LOVE to see this is person. I bet it is heaven on earth.

How nice you got to meet two like minded crafters and share time with them. Have a fabulous weekend, and a great week, too, dear Elizabeth.

mamapez5 said...

You must have 'green fingers'. All your plants are doing so well. I just love cosmos, so I hope your all bloom well. I used to have a long border of foxgloves in every shade from the common pink one through orange to a pretty primrose yellow and white. Sadly I was forced to uproot them when I registered as a child-minder as they are seen as a threat to children!
I also grew astrantia and I liked it because it was commonly known as Katy's pincushion.
How nice to spend time with your crafting friends. I am glad you all had a good day. Kate x

Sandra H said...

You must have green fingers Elizabeth l just love your posts regarding your plants and vase on a Wednesday also looks like you and your friends had a good catchup so nice to share your time too x

Rita said...

Fantastic card Elizabeth. It certainly lights up the card with the lovely bright colours etc. We really had a great time and Kate and Annie loved meeting you too. Enjoy your time away and give my love to everyone at the Crop. Hugs Rita xx