Tuesday 19 February 2019

Garden Album - A Work In Progress

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure I'm not alone in having more than a few unfinished projects. In fact, I have more than a few and it's time I finished each and every one. Starting with this album which is intended to be a record of what we have done in the garden since we moved here more than five years ago. 

The album was found in a used book store.
I was attracted to the illustrations and quotations on gardening that appear throughout - foolishly I imagined it would make it a very quick and easy project to complete!  
One of the pretty illustrations
Here's a few of the pages as they are now. Clearly unfinished - no embellishments and no journaling. Just photos. 



Looking through the photos I'm astonished at the changes we've made to the garden through the years and it's a real pleasure to be reminded of the beautiful flowers we've planted so far. 

The plan now is to bring the album up to date and with that in mind it will stay on my desk - you might say, a nagging reminder - until the job is done!

Hope you've had a good day and thank you for visiting. 

2 comments:

Tina Z. said...

Wow, great idea and so beautiful.

crafty cat corner said...

I know we have lots of photos of our allotment when we had it and its a joy to look back at them. Keep at it you will be rewarded in the future.
Briony
x