Sunday 4 February 2018

Snippet Sunday

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd have more cards to share with you for Pixie's Snippets Playground today but recent events have conspired against me. Instead I have just this two.

I used a part of an embossed sheet of card - Hunkydory I think - which came free with an order for ... it's so long ago I've forgotten what!

The base was made from a sheet of aqua card trimmed to create a 5" square tent style card. I cut the sheet of embossed card making best use of the design, trimming it to leave a ¼" border all round. The greeting topper is made up of two scalloped circles cut from a M&C Boutique die set (The Works), one from a snippet of silver card and the other from a piece of teal leftover from trimming the card front, and topped with a circle punched from a snippet of white card stamped with the greeting. The butterfly was also cut from a snippet of silver card using an X-Cut Dinky Butterfly die.

This card was made to use up the card base that I'd decorated, several years ago, with a flourish that I'd stamped in pink ink and then in Versamark and embossed silver powder. I made the topper using the tiny '4 You' embossed and die cut piece - found during the craft room sort out. I think the embossing folder & die came with the Cuttlebug and I've had that a good few years now. I wanted to layer it onto the same shade of pink as the ink on the background but a thorough search of my ink pad collection and I still haven't found it. So I've compromised with Pinflair's Hot Magenta Gentle Blends blended over a scrap of white card and cut out with a stitch edged square die, again from M&C Boutique. To finish the topper another larger square was cut from silver card.

So there you are. Two cards made from scraps and snippets and old bits and bobs found stashed away and forgotten. I can't say I'm making much of a dent on all the bits I've unearthed during the clear up but I'm enjoying the challenge and, bonus, there's now e a few more cards ready to use when needed.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Two very lovely cards Elizabeth, I love the embossing and colours of your first card and such a gorgeous background on your second card.
I hope your Husband is doing well, Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Kate. Hubby has several hospital appointments this week pre-op but he's doing well and recuperating nicely. x

Di said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth! I still have some of the card you used for your first one - it's so rich isn't it,delicious colours. And I can't recall where it came from either!

Hope all is going well for Alan - I need to read back over your blog as am not sure just what's been happening, although I did spot that he'd been in hospital. Give him a hug from me - a lovely man!

Hugs

Di xx

Tina Z. said...

Both cards are amazing.