Saturday 2 December 2017

November Card

We're into December and here I am posting a November card. Typical of me! As my gran would say, 'like the coo's tail, always behind'. Anyway this was the card I made for the UKPC November Swap - the theme was not, as you might think, 'November' but the number 'Three' and this is my interpretation. There's three base layers, three leaves on a topper made up of three colours.

Supplies used:

- a white A6 card blank from Docrafts Papermania with matching envelope
- dark brown card - recycled from a photo folder making use of the scalloped edge already there for layering. Leftovers were used for the base of the topper and the leaves
- grey card - recycled packaging- embossed with a Darice folder, Fall Leaf Background 
- scraps of Black Magic Core'dinations Spell Caster trimmed into strips to create the coloured background on the topper
- the leaves were cut using Tattered Lace dies, Lavish Blooms Leaves, from leftover brown card and a piece of white card I'd sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Rich Gold
- November word cut and layered from one colour of  Core'dinations card and the dark brown card using Tim Holtz Calendar Words from Sizzix
- greeting 'For You' from Winter Wonderland stamp set stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- a scrap of natural raffia for bow

I'm pretty pleased that I managed to use some of the Core'dinations card - it's been sitting in my stash for a very long time, forgotten and unused. That's such a shame because it's lovely card. I chose to use the reverse rather than the front as intended because I thought the autumnal shades were just right for this card. 

Time to concentrate on Christmas cards now. Only 23 days to go. And, as I've not made as many this year as in previous years, I have a bit of catching up to do. 

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Elizabeth is your card the embossed background is time is catching up so fastly these days enjoy your weekend x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card Elizabeth, your colours are gorgeous, Kate x