I hope you are enjoying the weekend so far. We have, for the most part, been enjoying the hot, sunny weather, though today is cooler and overcast. A temporary condition I hope.
As you can imagine, this has meant very little time for crafting, and therefore blogging about it, but I do have a card to share today.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop and ScrappyMo's Rudolph Day Challenge on Scraps of Life by ScrappyMo!
How the card was made:
- I cut a card base from a sheet of American Crafts card in blue. This was easy because all I did was cut a 12" x 12" sheet in half and fold it. Hey presto! One card blank.
- The snowflake topper was cut using one of the Chinese dies bought from eBay and that scrap of white pearlised cardstock from Papermilldirect.
- Next, I adhered the die-cut to the base front using liquid glue dotted behind parts of the design that were more solid - a fiddly job but worth the effort.
- The Let It Snow! greeting (Docrafts Penelope & Percy Christmas Greetings stamp set) was made by stamping a snippet of the same pearlised cardstock using a Memento ink pad in Danube Blue.
- I then matted the greeting on to another piece of the American Crafts cardstock and adhered it to the card front using sticky pads to add dimension.
- Finally, Papermania Aqua Dew Drops provide the finishing touch to all four corners of the card front.
The snowflake die makes a lovely addition to a card but I did find that once cut this particular cardstock, which is quite heavy at 300gsm, wasn't easy to remove from the die. I should have prepared the die by wiping a tumble drier sheet over it - that might have helped.
That's it for now. I hope you've had a lovely Sunday.