Two posts in one day - I'm excelling myself. Well, I'm starting of 2017 as I mean to go on - with a visit to the Pixie's Snippet Playground on Sunday whenever possible.
I did make this card before Christmas but haven't found the time to share it until today. The topper was made from snippets of white card, stamped and cut using an old Spellbinders die set, which is really pretty and deserves to be given an airing more often!
I liked it so much, I made a few more.
To make it I used the following:
- Several A4 sheets of white cardstock trimmed to create base cards measuring 4" x 5¾2 (10cm x 14.75cm).
- A selection of patterned papers from Mistletoe 6x6 paper pack (Memory Box Co.) trimmed to fit front of card leaving a small, 1/8", margin all round. The paper pack is an old one, by a few years, so I'm not sure it will still be available.
- Snippets of white card cut with two dies from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Holly Motifs for base of the topper.
- More snippets stamped with stamps from Die'sire Sentimentals Jingle Bells set using Versafine Crimson Red ink and then cut out using a circle die from Spellbinders Sapphire Basic Set A.
- Each card was finished with an insert made from white copy paper stamped with a Merry Christmas greeting in the same red ink. The stamp has come detached from the set it originally came from and I've forgotten which set it is - yet more evidence of my declining years!!!
Of course all that trimming of A4 sheets of cardstock means that I have added even more snippets to the box. Sometimes you just can't win!
I love the Mistletoe paper pack and will be sad when it is finally gone and the Holly Motifs die set is lovely. I've just discovered the joy of piling motifs on top of each other to create pretty toppers so look out for more made that way.
Before I go, I'd like to wish all snippeteers a happy, healthy and prosperous year 2017. I look forward to seeing all your very inspirational creations throughout the year.
In the meantime, take care and stay safe.