Tuesday 8 December 2015

Harbour Scene Cards

Afternoon Everyone

I have a quick post today, sharing a couple of cards made for two of the December birthdays I mentioned last week. I don't know - am I the only one that is so busy crafting that finding time to blog is near impossible? Of course, maybe I just need to be a tad more organised! Anyway, on to the cards.
This is the first of the two ...
... and this is the second.

Both cards were made from more or less the same materials ... it's the configuration that is different.

Materials used:

  • Cardstock - 12" x 12" sheets of American Crafts in blue, red and white. The blue was cut in half to create two 6" square card blanks. The red and white used for matting and layering.
  • Patterned Paper - Spring and Summer 6" square paper pack from Create & Craft
  • Toppers - Stunning Scenes from September 2015 issue of Making Cards magazine
  • Embellishments - red/white Bakers twine; blue metallic cord; Denim Blue Dome Stickers from Docrafts Papermania
  • Card 1 Greeting - 'Happy Birthday' from Tattered Lace Mini Die Set
  • Card 2 Greeting - 'Brother' from Aspire Dekro Mounts; Color Box Frost White ink pad; Clear Transparent embossing powder from Stampendous.

I'm ashamed to say no snippets were used in the making of the card, in fact a goodly few were created instead, but I did manage to use up a fair bit of 'old' stash (the American Crafts cardstock) so I'm feeling good about that.

For those of you who look forward to my In a Vase on Monday post, I have to apologise. It's just not been the best conditions for flower and foliage gathering. The weekend was a wash out - Storm Desmond made sure of that - and yesterday we were out ... daughter, Juli, had a hospital appointment - a follow-up to her operation. Happily, all is well :)

I'm having a wee bet with myself that you are all busy, busy too. It's still too early to panic but there's a bit of pressure on to get the cards written and posted - hardly started yet - presents bought - tick - and wrapped - not even begun yet - baking to be done - well, what can I say! I did get the mixing bowl and wooden spoon out at the weekend and made a ginger parkin loaf, carefully wrapped and stored away, only to find that the in-house quality control has already been testing for taste and texture!!!

Before I go, for anyone and everyone living in the areas flooded this weekend my thoughts are with you. I hope that you are, for the time being, somewhere warm and dry. Take care and stay safe.

5 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Lovely cards. I have a husband and son both with birthdays on the same day 23rd Dec and its always more of a job to find cards this time of year. so maybe I should try making mine.
Briony
x

meg said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth, lovely calm tranquil scenes

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cards for the guys in your life...great scenes!

Darnell said...

These are fabulous for the December birthdays, Elizabeth! I'm glad you weren't washed out by the storm and that all is well with Juli! I have a loud chuckle over your in-house quality control! I have that same department in my house!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Bernice said...

Fabulous Birthday Cards. Love the images....