Two posts in one day! Just trying to make up for two day's absence :)
The card I have to share with you this afternoon is one inspired by Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge #40 where the requirement is for embossing. There are several methods of embossing to choose from and I like them all but this time I decided to use one of my favourite folders to create embossed panels for this card.
How the card was made and the materials used:
- First, the front of a white 6"x4" card base was covered with a scrap of pink patterned paper from Papermania's Vintage Notes pack.
- One of my favourite, but long neglected, crafting goodies are Penny Black Stickeroos. This butterfly topper from Mauve Twilight is another treasure unearthed during the recent tidy up. Here I've matted it on to a scrap of rose pink Papermania Textured Card.
- A left over strip of the pink cardstock was embossed using a swirly patterned folder, Darice Scrolls Background. It was trimmed and split into two equal panels then a length of orange organza ribbon, that also has a printed swirly pattern, was wrapped around each panel.
- After adhering the panels and the topper, I punched out three tiny butterflies and attached them to the card front with glue gel.
- All the butterflies, including the image on the topper, were given a sparkly decoration with Stickles Fruit Punch ... a great colour that perfectly combines the pink and orange seen on the butterfly image.
- Finally the finishing touch, orange Neon gems from Docrafts.
Having used quite a few scraps and snippets to make this card, I'm popping over to Pixie's Snippet Playground too ... the second time this week :)
Enjoy your evening.