Friday 14 February 2014

Be My Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone,

I wish you all a fabulous love-filled day, with plenty of treats ... even if it is that you are treating yourself :) I haven't received a card yet ... do you think the EM has forgotten? If he has, it will be a first. Anyway, here's the card I made for him.
Because he's worth it ... even if he is getting forgetful in his old age :)

It's also one for Pixie's Snippet Playground because, apart from the base, it's made from snippets and stash left over from other projects. And I've had the ribbon for at least 3 years ... I used a tiny piece back then and put the rest away.

The heart shaped aperture is cut out from the white card using one of the dies from the Homespun Heart X-Cut set from Docrafts. I then embossed it using my all-time favourite folder, Lattice from Crafts Too You, and wrapped a length of the ribbon round the card, taping it down at the back.

To put the card together, a snippet of Bazzill Basics Tomato card was adhered to the card front, in just the right place. Next the embossed/die cut piece was stuck down, using dimensional foam dots, ensuring that the red card showed through the aperture.  For the final touches, a faux bow was attached to the ribbon and a red crystal gem was added to the knot. Three more crystal gems were added to the red heart and the front was completed.


Needless to say, the inside and the front had to be given the Valentines treatment - hot lips, hearts and kisses - what more could the EM want :)

I'm taking the EM out for a spot of lunch for a Valentine treat ... still no sign of a card but I'm not fussed ... he's a man who thinks that shows of love and affection shouldn't be confined to just one day of the year.

Have a wonderful day everyone,

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Post...Bed & Breakfast Great Yarmouth

brenda said...

It's a lovely elegant card Elizabeth.

I decorated a little wooden heart for my hubby and hung it on his desk before he went in there, after half an hour or so he came into my office and asked what "the thing" was hanging over his desk - is there any hope do you think ?

B x

Di said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth - I do love how you cut the aperture. Hope you had a good lunch, we're storm locked here - just waiting for the rest of the fence to take off. Steak and all the trimmings tonight though, indoors mind you!

Hugs, Di xx

Craftychris said...

Happy Valentines day to you too! Your card is gorgeous! Love the heart aperture. I am sure your hubby will love it too and I bet he has a card for you. I hope you had a lovely meal xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Elizabeth. I am sure he will be delighted with it.

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Elizabeth is your card for the hubby hope you enjoyed your day and your card arrived xx

Sue said...

Really lovely card Elizabeth huggles Sue xx

Jackie said...

Another beautiful card Elizabeth :o)
Jackie xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card and I like the gem on the knot - that's a pretty touch.
Caroline xxx

Hettie said...

Awww! Cutie card Elizabeth. I hope you got spoilt, but as you say, love is not just about one day a year but every day!
Hugs
xx

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! I did not realize that you cut an apperture for the heart till i read the post! It looks wonderful and the inside looks great too!