Tuesday 15 February 2011

The First Tag I Made - The Anniversary Tag

Hiya to you all,



It's been a cold and very windy day up here in South Ayrshire - not nice at all. Even The Boss has refused to go out for more than a few minutes. So to cheer myself up I'm continuing with my 'retrospective' showing of something I made before I started blogging. I'd almost forgotten that I promised to post this in a previous post but here it is now - my first attempt at making a tag.

I made it for our 14th wedding anniversary in July last year. The Estate Manager and I married rather late in life so every anniversary comes as a lovely bonus!


This tag was inspired by a card made by Arlene of My Butterfly Kisses as seen here on You Tube.



Materials used:
  • Cardstock: cardboard for base 
  • Design Paper: cream and black patterned paper (front depicts music, back has diamond shapes); paper depicting old letters in cream and brown - all from a scrapbooking kit I'd had for so long that the maker is now forgotten. Cream Washi paper - a gift brought from Japan about 12 years ago!
  • Image: vintage photograph downloaded free from Internet
  • Flower: made from the paper depicting old letters and the Washi paper
  • Pin: made with amber bead and white and gold pearls
  • Charms: Some of the charms, beads, etc., were taken from my old & broken jewellery and the bell was purchased at the haberdashery department of my local department store
  • Stamps: 'I Love You' by Petalume and '14 years' & small heart shaped stamps from Papermania
  • Embellishments: black and brown feathers; black, silver and gold ribbons; diamante hearts; liquid pearls;  black and white ink pads; rub-ons ('cherish forever'); handmade mask (on back panel); eyelet and eyelet setter
Since making this one I have gone on to complete several more, but only for special occasions as they are really very time consuming to make. Which is why there are no Christmas tags. I've seen some really beautiful ones made for the Tim Holtz Days of Christmas challenge so I may be tempted to make one for this year.

Now it's back to my craft space to plan what to make next.



4 comments:

Hazeyj said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous tag - I am so impressed at how much work goes into your tags and what a lovely keepsake! My daughter and I had a lovely chat on Skype but I find it disconcerting to see a wee me in the corner of the screen! Hazel x

coops said...

this is really beautiful elizabeth.stunning details and i love the vintage look ;D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

A wonderful array of tags :o)
Jackie xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I really love your tag it is so pretty! I love making tags too!
Hugs Lynsey x