Saturday 19 February 2011

Baby's First Birthday Card + The Crafty Coo's Candy

Afternoon to you all,


This card was made for a friend's grandson who had his first birthday this week. It's a quick and easy card (it had to be because I was really pressed for time) using Woodland Folk products by Docrafts. This paper is really cute and suitable for children's cards - toadstools are lovely.

For speed, I used a pre-made topper of this cute little creature holding a flower which went well with the sentiment which came from a free set of stamps. I pinched this idea from my friend Sarah of The Handmade Card because I'd shied away from using pre-made toppers until I saw her effective use of them. The number one I stamped out, coloured it with a poppy red Promarker, and then mounted it on dimensionals to make pop out. The insert was made using my graphic programme and a verse added.
Materials used: 
  • Cardstock: white 5" square card plus a piece of white card measuring 3.5" square
  • Design Papers: 2 from Docrafts Woodland Folk A5 Paper Pack
  • Stamp: Sentiment from free stamp with Creativity Magazine; Number 1 from Papermania's AlphaMania set
  • Topper: from Docrafts pack for Woodland Folk
  • Insert: made using My Craft Studio's digital punch and Xmas Gold Gingham Paper, downloaded free from Bev Rochester of All The Things I Love and printed on to white copy paper
  • Verse: from Words for Every Occasion by Judith Wibberley
  • Ribbon from the Flora Collection by Anna Griffin and red/white baker's twine from The Ribbon Girl

Lorraine's Candy

On her blog, The Crafty Coo, Lorraine is offering the opportunity to win the most wonderful candy.  I quote:

". . . up for grabs this time around are 12 sets of clear stamps kindly donated to me by Time To Sow. As I'm sure you can probably tell from previous postings I am fortunate enough to be their designer so I get to play with all of their delicious stamps and one thing I can say with my hand on my heart... they are amazing stamps.. exceptional high quality that allows a perfect image every time and they can be adapted in so many different ways so you always have to remember to look beyond the immediate image for other potential uses.. and trust me... there are a variety of them. The retail value of these stamps is somewhere in the region of £100 . . . "

The sets are really fab and it's worth popping over to Lorraine's blog and taking a peek. My favourites are the sets with trees in them.

Right, of for another much needed cup of tea.

4 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card Elizabeth don't know how you find the time .

Marie X

Hazeyj said...

It might have been a quick make for you but it is really a beautiful card for a first birthday. Toppers can sometimes be an ideal pick for showing off papers and embellishments! Hazel x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks for sharing candy it is lovely Elizabeth, and love your card too! Shaz in Oz.x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card and perfect for a first birthday card i'm sure he will love it to bits :-)