Tuesday 23 November 2010

K for Kiss

Many thanks to all of you who wrote such nice comments about my J card, Jingle Bells. I have only been crafting for a few months and writing this blog for even less time so it's good to have your input. Over the next year or so I'm aiming to try as many new techniques as I can and perhaps by doing this develop my own particular style. Jingle Bells was quite a departure, vellum embossing, orange and brown - so different! Well, with the K card I've tried another new technique. I think it's called 'reveal' but not entirely sure.


On white card I stamped a combination of a mistletoe spray (Let's Get Crafting) and tiny hearts (free with a recent Docrafts Creativity magazine) all over in a random way. I then embossed with clear embossing powder before sponging on blue ink. Before the ink could dry too much I rubbed the embossing with kitchen paper to remove as much blue from the embossing as possible and reveal the white of the card. I edged the card by running a Versamark pen round it and then embossing with white powder. I discovered it's not easy to get even coverage doing it this way and had to repeat another twice before I was happy with it.

The main image is a Mo Manning digi stamp called Kisses for My Sweet - I just love the humour in this stamp - the mistletoe spray is part of the set.



A lot of stamping went into this card - the tag is an Anita's stamp and inside I've used a Docrafts stamp from the Penelope and Percy pack.





Embellishments were some royal blue eyelash fibre, paper lace, and blue flat-backed pearls - from my stash. The blue satin ribbon and white snowflake trim I found in my local knitting/craft shop - part of the haul I bought on Saturday. I don't go shopping often but when I do I make up for the times I don't - here's some of the evidence:



Mainly satin ribbon in colours that I didn't have in my stash (not really a blue girl). The rose pink really sang to me as did the fat quarter of fabric with it's cheery snowmen. I've never made a card with fabric sown on so going to have a bash at that next.

That's me for tonight - off to watch High Street on BBC1 now.

Bye for now.
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Christa said...

Hi Elizabeth , that is such a lovely card ! Those 2 are so in love. Great stamp. That is a great technique you have used. I am curious what you are going to make with that fabric.......? I love to use my sewingmachine for cardmaking....I never make clothes......Love from Holland , Christa.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, it's a technique that I love but don't do often enough :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

beautiful card elizabeth.fabulous image and i love the navy colours :D

xx coops xx