Wednesday 27 April 2016

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - WOYWW Week 360

Hello Everyone,

Before I get on to the business of the day, i.e. the desk shot for Julia's WOYWW, I'd just like to pass on our heartfelt thanks to all the kind messages Alan & I received since we lost our beloved Bonnie, aka The Boss. They were all much appreciated. As many of you said, she meant so much to us and now the house seems very empty without her.

Now the desk:
There's not been a lot of crafting going on but there has been a lot of tidying and reorganising of stash, all to fill the gaping hole left by the absence of my wee crafting companion. It's looking a lot better but I can't promise it will stay that way once I get my crafting mojo back. I did find some new storage boxes at the newly opened Poundworld, though I'm not quite sure what I'm going put in them yet but I've an awful lot of ice-cream boxes that could be emptied. What I have made progress on is that piece of embroidery ... there's nothing like a bit of slow stitching to keep the mind and hands busy.

And that's it for this week - short and sweet, I'm afraid. We're off to have lunch with our grandson, Josh, before he flies out to the Shetlands again on Friday. I'll be back later this afternoon to do some blog hopping.

In the meantime, have a great WOYWW.

17 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Great looking embroidery, Elizabeth. Well done. Trust you are having a great lunch time with your grandson.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Unknown said...

Good morning Elizabeth. I am trully sorry to hear you lost your loving cat I know how hard it can be. The cross stitch you are working on is so pretty I love the flowers. Have fun with your organizing it is never easy to start but fun to admire when done. Have a beautiful week. Hugs always ~Anne L#14

Craft Paper said...

Your tidying up has paid off. YOur desk is way cleaner than mine! Happy WOYWW!

NancyH#54

Anne said...

Pretty stitching Elizabeth. Anne x #56

Barb said...

I'm sure you're still feeling sad. Bonnie was part of your family. The cross stitch looks very pretty and I'm sure you'll soon find something to fill those lovely bright boxes with.

I'm sure you had a good meal with Josh and you won't have to cook tonight either. Barbxx

Sharon said...

Nice looking embroidery. The crafting mojo will come back. Wish I had some of your organising mojo.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #46

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Hope you are having a Sunshiny day...your desk looks neat and tidy. I peeped about previous posts as I've been MIA for awhile. Such pretty flowers and trees. Hoping you find the MOJO... I do like the embroidery you are working on. Have fun with your grandson, they grow up so fast.

Helen said...

I must have missed visiting for a while as I hadn't heard of your sad news :( the boxes look fabulously useful though - have fun sorting out the things to go in them! Helen #1

ToadilyDiane said...

So sorry to hear about your furry family member. Sending you hugs!

Diane - WOYWW #36

Lisca said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bonnie. You must miss her awfully.
Your embroidery looks stunning! Well done you.
I hope (actually I'm sure) you had a good time with Josh before he left.

Happy WOYWW,
Have a good week too,
Lisca#15

pearshapedcrafting said...

So sorry to read about Bonnie! Looks as though you are going to be busy getting your new boxes sorted! I seem to be on a never ending mission to sort out my storage! Chrisx 47

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about Bonnie. Lovely embroidery. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x 21

LisaDV said...

So sorry about the loss of Bonnie aka the Boss! You have been very busy. And your embroidery is gorgeous! Happy Wednesday, LisaDV #42

Nikki said...

Sorry about your kitty, it's tough losing a pet. Your embroidery is looking wonderful hugs Nikki 7

Susanne said...

Well, I tried to leave comments yesterday, but it doesn't appear that they took. Pretty stitching, and condolences on the loss of your crafting companion. Have a crafty week! Susanne #38

Neet said...

Love your cross stitch. So sorry to hear about Bonnie, it does leave a bit gaping hole when you lose one of your pets. They are like family to us and they worm their way deep into our hearts so only those who have experienced the loss can understand how grieving hurts.
Sending love and holding you both in my thoughts.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Twiglet said...

The lavenders are lovely Elizabeth - I think Maxine might like to dumf/embroider lavenders don't you? x Jo