Saturday 16 April 2016

Saturday in the Garden

Hope you have had a lovely Saturday.

I've nothing crafty to show you today ... I had a long overdue appointment with my hairdresser. It was busy, even busier than a normal Saturday because there was a big racing meeting today - the Scottish Grand National - and the ladies were very keen to look their very best.

Being that I've not been crafting I thought I'd share a few pics from my garden instead. There's lots of lovely fresh spring growth to enjoy right now.
Narcissus Thalia - a semi dwarf variety with a very strong perfume. I have a special liking for white narcissus.

Dames Violet, Hesperis Matronalis, in the foreground and Honesty, flowering early, in the background. These were grown from from seed last year.

Appropriately enough this shrub is called Forsythia Weekend 'Courtalyn'. Planted last year so still young but doing well.

This is the young red foliage on an Astilbe - gorgeous colour.

A couple from the herb patch:

Chives
Lemon Balm

And finally there be dragons - well, to be precise, a dragonfly:
He has been given a new coat of paint, plus a couple of eyes - from craftroom bling - and is ready for the summer.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely photos from your garden Elizabeth. Have a lovely Sunday too. Barbxx

Sandra H said...

Aww so colourful Elizabeth is your card so lovely that you share it too! x