Friday 15 April 2016

Friday Smiles

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I missed posting last week but it turned out to be a very busy long weekend.  Anyways, this week there's been lots to smile about so here's a few photos.
This sewing basket was a real find. We were in Portpatrick on Sunday, on our way to the Lifeboat shop when I spotted this on a secondhand stall that is often set up on the harbour. I know it doesn't look anything special and I almost missed it but I'm glad I didn't ... just look at what was inside.
Lots of reels of cotton. Obviously very old, a couple had labels for 38p (.54USD) on them so not much use for machine sewing today but still useful for tacking/basting. That's only the top tier.
Underneath was a treasure of haberdashery items and I counted four thimbles! Everything has been stashed away and I'm using the box for my embroidery equipment.  I paid just £10 (14USD) for it and it looks heaps better than the old Quality Street tin I've been using up to now :)

Next up are just a few of the many photos there are of Callum - my great grandson - who's developing quite a character.
I wish you could hear his laugh - it's infectious :)

Choosing lunch!
He really doesn't like this cup.
Happy little boy.

Loving all things polka dotty this photo of a vintage sewing machine really caught my eye.
I'd love to have this in my craft room.

And talking of my craft room, here's my funny for this week.
Describes how I used to feel when I had just the dining room table to work on.

That's it for this week. If you want to see what Annie and others are smiling about this week then hop on over to A Stitch In Time where you will find plenty to smile at.

Take care, have a great weekend and keep smiling.

5 comments:

Annie said...

What a fab bunch of smiles this week Ellie. :-) I'm smiling at them too so thanks for sharing them.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Barb said...

What a lovely happy post Elizabeth. I can see why you were so happy to find your workbox. It was obviously treasured before and now you are going to get great pleasure from using it too. What a lovely thought that is. The photos of little Callum are super. He looks such a sweet little boy. Finally who wouldn't want that dotty sewing machine and I don't even sew. Have another happy week. Barbxx

Sheila said...

What a great find!

JoZart Designs said...

Little Callum is adorable and I can almost hear his laughter from here! Just look at those cute little peggies! (that's baby teeth BTW).
Your sewing box is a fabulous find and the contents are worth so much. Well done you for nabbing a bargain.
Jo x
ps, I'm almost, but not quite, thinking of painting my sewing machine red and white polka dots. xxx

mamapez5 said...

A super little sewing basket and full of treasure too!
Callum is a swetheart, and he does look a real happy chappie.
And I love the polka-dot sewing machine. Kate x