Friday 15 April 2016

Snippet Card - Big Red Bow Birthday

Afternoon Everyone,

I've been creating a lot of scrap layouts recently - well, a lot for me given how very slow I am at scrapping - and now the leftover snippets are starting to pile up again so that prompted me to make this card for Di's challenge over at Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 224. It's a wee while since I've nipped over to the playground so I'm keen to see what everyone has been up too.
The design is very loosely based on a card I spotted somewhere online recently ... sadly, I can't remember where but many thanks to the designer for the inspiration. The original had a paper bow, possibly made using a die but, as I don't have a bow die, I've used another of those fabulous bows from the bagful my great-niece gave me ... shown in my last Snippet post - the link is here.



Supplies & method used.

- a white 4"x 6" card base

- a scrap of red card (Paper Reflections) left from a 12"x 12" sheet trimmed to fit the full front of the card

- a large snippet of patterned paper - not certain what the pattern is called but I'm fairly sure it is from American Crafts Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic collection - trimmed about a ¼" smaller all round than the card front. This was then adhered to the red card layer

- a small yellow snippet cut from a strip of leftover patterned paper to create the band across the front that has had faux stitching added using a red fineline marker - this time I think it's an Echo Park paper, possibly from the Summer Bliss collection - again I'm not sure because once the manufacturer's strip has been trimmed off, and quite probably cut up and used elsewhere, there's no way of telling and my memory is totally unreliable!

- the birthday greeting was created using a die from a pack of Mini Dies from Tattered Lace. This greeting is a long one, too long to go across the card front, so I split it by cutting the two words apart  and adhering one above the other which made a better fit

- to embellish the card I've added the red bow and a twist of pink/white baker's twine. 

Truthfully I haven't made much impact on the snippet pile but every little bit used up counts and this is such an easy card design that it might just become my go-to one when I need a quick make.

I've now joined a craft group that meets on Thursday afternoons at the Community Centre in neighbouring Prestwick. I found details about the group at the quilt exhibition in Alloway my daughter and I went to a couple of weeks back ... scroll down to see the posts covering the lovely quilts and projects ... many made by the ladies that also come along to the craft group. And a lovely, and lively, bunch of crafters they are too :)

Right, time for lunch and then I'll be right back to do a bit of blog hopping.

2 comments:

Sarn said...

Lovely snippets card Elizabeth.

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Really pretty snippets card Elizabeth! I love the added bakers twine for additional interest, clever idea.

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx