This card was made a wee while ago, for the UKPC challenge for April, but I'm only now getting around to posting it, and as a snippet or two were used in the making I thought I'd submit it to Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 227.
The ribbon, which as luck would have it has a couple Paris postmarks in the design, was machine stitched in place, wrapping it around the back of the card. The baker's twine was curled round before stapling in place along the length of the ribbon.
The greeting was stamped on to a tiny snippet of white card which was then layered on to yet another tiny snippet of pink card before fixing to the top right corner of the card front.
- Cardstock - American Crafts
- Designer Paper - Simple Stories So Fancy Collection
- Ink - ColourBox Orchid
- Greeting Stamp - from Life's An Adventure stamp set
- Decorative Ribbon - bought locally, distributor SIL - www.silplc.com
- Washi tape - words from Papermania All Aboard Collection and pink/white gingham came free with a magazine an awful long time ago
- Enamel dots - Simple Stories DIY and So Fancy collections
- Baker's Twine - from my scrap box
- Tools - Tim Holtz Tiny Staple Attacher & my sewing machine
Phew! Not the quickest description I've ever written on how I made a card but it seemed to need quite a bit of explanation, and more photos too. Hope you like the finished card as much as I do ... I may well make another using the same techniques.
It's a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK and, of course, the weather has been a bit mixed ... sunny spells interrupted by April showers. It was snowing here during the week so I'll happily take the sun and showers instead :) Whatever the weather, I hope you are enjoying the weekend and catching that sun whenever it makes and appearance, however briefly!
Take care and happy crafting,