Monday 8 February 2021

Christmas Card Club Challenge - Cards 5&6/2021 - Bells Theme

 Evening Everyone,

Well, yes, I'm late with my cards for the challenge again. There's reasons but they always sound so pathetic so I'll only mention the one that is of how I couldn't find the cute little bell die I just knew I had somewhere. In the end it turned up just as I was about to give up completely. So here's the two cards I made for ValeryAnne's choice which you might already have guessed is 'Bells'. 



The supplies used on both cards are the result of a search through the box of bits, bobs and experimental scraps. The background of the blue is the result of a session with paint and bubble wrap, matted on to a scrap of navy blue cardstock. The topper was stamped in Memento Danube Blue on white card, again matted on navy card. The greeting - from an old Penny Black Wonder stamp set - was also stamped on white card then fussy cut and matted on to the navy card, also fussy cut around the shape of the words.  To finish the topper dots of Xmas Red Stickles have been added to the holly berries on the image. 

The yellow card has a more unusual background which was created using the flower pressing method. I'm not sure which flowers I used - it was a few years ago - but I think they might have been hollyhocks. The bell topper consists of a bell, a Tattered Lace Mini Die, cut from yellow cardstock. It tops squares of embossed vanilla card, a trellis patterned folder from Crafts-Too, matted on to the same yellow card as used for the bell die. An edging of  yellow Stickles finishes the topper. The greeting, stamped in black ink, is from the Forest Magic stamps set. 

Given that I'm so late with this fortnight's Christmas Card Club Challenge, I'm sure you've already seen other club members cards already  but if not do please pop over to their blogs - links can be found on the right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be.

4 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth your cards are worth waiting for, both are beautifully created, it's a lovely little bell die and your colours and designs are beautiful, Kate x

Carole Pollard said...

Two beautiful ca4d designs so lovely Love and hugs Carole x

dutchess said...

Hi Elizabeth...two lovely cards...isn’t it always the way die is never where you think it should be...I search for days sometimes!....We are snowed in this morning...trying to dig a way to the main road!....take care xxxx

Zoe Tant said...

Effective designs Elizabeth and love the bubble wrap. I like using it too for backgrounds. Yours have worked really well and really made the bells pop! Zoe x