Sunday 24 November 2019

Christmas Card Club - Card 24/2019 - Forest Scene

Morning Everyone,

It's not like me, I know, but I'm actually early-ish with my offering for the Christmas Card Club today. The theme, Forest Scene (with lots of snow & glitter) was chosen this time by the lovely Kate, aka Culliesocks. 

And what could be more on theme than this topper which I've recycled/upcycled from a card received last Christmas. It's been layered on to a background made up from scraps of patterned paper left over from previous years. I have a ton of old papers just waiting to be used up. The snowflakes were punched, using an EK Success punch, from scraps of pale blue velum and an embossed paper - manufacturer long forgotten. It's not obvious in the photo but the topper got the Crystal Stickles treatment - lots of it - so looks very sparkly in real life. White enamel dots were the only other embellishment.

We are down to one last challenge for the Christmas Card Club this year. I still can hardly believe it - I'm definitely not feeling ready for Christmas yet. I hope you will pop over to see what my teammates have created for today's theme. You'll find a list of their names and links on my right sidebar - as always they are so much more creative than I will ever be.

8 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Elizabeth, what a gorgeous card, I love the forest image and the sparkle, just what I think of when I imagine a forest scene. Well done for upcycling too, hope your weekend is going well,Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous forest of glittery trees Elizabeth. Makes a great card. Christine xx

Sandra H said...

Elizabeth your card with the scene is gorgeous x

dutchess said...

Beautiful winter scene Elizabeth and I always admire a bit of up cycling....glittery trees just perfect for the challenge xxxx

Rita said...

Hi Elizabeth. You card looks quite spectacular. Love it. Was hoping to catch up before now but time is running out. Hugs Rita xx

Mrs A. said...

I love your up cycled card using those gorgeous papers up with it too. I had trouble getting the glitter glue to show up on my cards too. The lighting anytime of day is just hopeless at capturing it properly. hugs Mrs A.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous card Elizabeth, great recycling using that lovely topper and delicate snowflake die cuts.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

perfect card for this months challenge Elizabeth. A lovely scene and like the snowflake and dots embellishment. Sorry I'm late commenting Zoe xx